Surpriiiiiiise…

By Anonymous - 13/05/2022 12:00

Today, I asked my boyfriend if he might want kids one day, and he most definitely does not. In fact, he even thanked me for reminding him we need to stock up on condoms when we go shopping, plus he’s even considering a vasectomy just to make sure. I’m already pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 992
You deserved it 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks and I’m sorry, but I also feel like “kids, yes or no?” is something people should discuss early on because of its dealbreaker nature.

deathnote 5

don't tell a woman what she may or may not regret...

Comments

That sucks and I’m sorry, but I also feel like “kids, yes or no?” is something people should discuss early on because of its dealbreaker nature.

Madchick14 11

in all fairness, it doesn't say how long they've been together. Also, people change their minds, so a no now, might change into a yes a year from now

Never play with hidden cards: You should have told him that you are pregnant. Now you have to decide if you want to raise the child alone. I hope you decide to keep him/her! Otherwise you will regret it afterwards (days, months or even years later).

deathnote 5

don't tell a woman what she may or may not regret...

Wait till he get the vasectomy then tell him.

If you keep it, be prepared to raise it without your boyfriend. If he breaks up with you and he refuses to pay child support, sue him for it.

While I am hesitant to say YDI because it sounds like you've been using protection, this is definitely a first date question if you're adults. I'm presuming this isn't a 'we're in our 20's and have been together forever and our minds may have changed 10 times since we started dating' situation. Be prepared for this to be a hard no from him if you decide to keep it, and decide if going this alone is something you are prepared (financially and mentally) to do.

Over 50% of babies are unplanned. Don't stress it go talk with your partner. Who knows maybe he's more ready then he thought.

YDI for not using birth control, especially if you hadn't discussed kids already.