By Anonymous - 01/11/2014 15:28 - Canada - Sooke

Today, I had to show up at an anti-drugs lecture with full-blown pink eye. It's from an ongoing bacterial infection, but the speaker said he'd heard that excuse a hundred times before, and shamed me in front of everyone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 525
You deserved it 3 021

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think I'd rather you be high then have pink eye around me. Really sucks though, you should have taken the opportunity to rub the bacterium on him . My thing though is why did you show up with a contagious infection?

Comments

Better than bloodshot eyes from some other issue

Garnetshaddow 30

You should have rubbed your eyes really well, than offered him a hearty handshake as a "thank you" for being an asshole. That sucks! FYL.

d100100 3

Sorry! I only said you deserve it cause it was at 666

It's kind of rude of him to shame you like that. He should just learn to keep his mouth shut.

kellyem2 20

If you had full blown pinkeye you probably shouldn't be attending events with lots of people since that's super contagious. I know adults know better than kids not to touch that stuff, but seriously. Stay home and take your eye drops next time.

wow I say the same thing and get down voted.

Try embarrassing him in front of the class

It's unfair, in my opinion, for you to be going out in such a public place with an active infection. Pink eye is highly contagious. Do you also buy groceries when you have the flu?

Not necessarily. I've had pink eye before and was told I wasn't contagious after a certain amount of time on antibiotics. This could be the case for the OP. Also, yes, I have gone to the grocery store with the flu. Because I needed painkillers and gatorade and soup, and I lived alone. Sometimes life sucks and we have to be contagious and in public.

You should touch your eye and then touch his face.

The proper response to that is "Screw you, you don't know me. How dare you assume you know me"

pink_pancakes 2

Why did you feel shamed if you had only pink eye