By Alex - 13/05/2011 21:10 - United States

Today, I had to run a mile in gym class for fitness training. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to run the stretch, you have to re-take it. My time was 10:02. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 060
You deserved it 20 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it took you 10 min to run a mile? that's a long time

iAmScrubs 19

At least you weren't 10 minutes and 1 millisecond.

Comments

hogan_clay 0

ok I'm just gonna go ahead and say. no one should feel sorry for you! bc that is just an absolutely pathetic time anyway

ninjkabat 15

10 minutes for a mile seriously means you were walking for most of it and probably taking breaks. At average walking speed for someone your age, a mile takes 15 minutes. You couldn't be bothered to increase your speed from 4 mph to 5 mph - an increase of speed of only 25%? Then you totally deserve to fail that.

ninjkabat 15

Excuse me, my math was wrong: you need to increase your speed to 6mph. Still, that's only an increase of 50%.

I don't understand why people are saying "Stop being lazy, try harder" OP was only 2 seconds off. Sorry, op.

Because 10 minutes it's already a very high time. People can walk a mile in 20 minutes or even less.

anonymous654 0

this is the first fml I can relate to!

yo spoat so mutch shait .... doo ou now tht???

RunnerDudeTyler 0

I'm a varsity cross country and track runner... my best time in the mile is 4:43

RunnerDudeTyler 0

How did I get a thumbs down? I worked incredibly hard for years to be able to run that time.

you only have to do a mile? I have to do 4k (almost 2.5 miles) :(

Egnar 19

Back in High School I was an Ice Hockey player I played defense and it required a lot of quick sprints, I was one of the fastest on the ice - However, I struggled with a 1 mile run, even though I was fast, because it was completely different - Sustained speed instead of quick springs. Now, 8 years later I teach karate which requires a lot of cardio, endurance and discipline. I can run a 5:30 mile if I really want to and teeter at just about 23:00 doing a 5k at a steady pace.

LetsgoJets21 1

fat ass i run a mile in a little more than 6 minutes

WillyD123 2

if you can't run a mike in under 10 minutes you need to run a lot more.