By Alex - 13/05/2011 21:10 - United States

Today, I had to run a mile in gym class for fitness training. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to run the stretch, you have to re-take it. My time was 10:02. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 060
You deserved it 20 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it took you 10 min to run a mile? that's a long time

iAmScrubs 19

At least you weren't 10 minutes and 1 millisecond.

Comments

maybe you should get in shape and not complain about something good for your health :)

Holy shit, it took you that long to run that, either your really out of shape or just fat, even when I was out of shape I had a 7 min mile , now I have a 6 min mile. Figure it out and get your lazy ass off the couch.

u most be real slow I jogged the mile in like 7:45 soo yea ur slow

sevans 0

Well you must be slow also cause I can jog a mile in about 4:36 easy. -asshole

KatrinaKitten 16

Your jog must be a sprint then.

aight well u prob do track or cross country I wrestle nd play lacrosse u ****** foot fairy calm down bro

Lunchbox3 0

10 minute mile is slow. Are you not athletic or a girl?

Hey now I'm a girl and VERY athletic! :)

It isn't sexist. Girls are definitely slower than guys. It's the way we're made. Look at the world records for men and women.

That still doesn't mean girls are slow. Grow a brain.

It means that women naturally run slower than men. I don't understand why this is a touchy subject.

joa76 3

The average time for a girl is only about a minute longer, though, and the world record time for women is about 4 minutes. So it's still sexist to say if you can't run a mile in under 10 minutes, you must be a girl.

Kay really Your just being a dick I'm a girl and I'm the only one that is even in shape and I'm also the fastest sprinter swimmer and kayaker do shut up and quit being a sexist pig

you're crazy. you're in really good shape then or just have really good endurance.

perdix 29

The good news is that you are going to be so sore that your second time will be worse :D Then, you'll have to do it a third time. After about ten tries with ever-worsening times, your mommy will write you a note to get excused from gym because you are a fat, candy-ass, video-gaming couch potato.

Egnar 19

Athletic or not people are built differently - Keep in mind some athletes excel in sprints over distance. Though it may suck that you were so close to your goal running a mile a second time is no harder than running in the first time, just gotta push it a little bit harder. . .Think of it as a personal challenge!

dude, ima swimmer who sucks at running and really isn't built for it and I can do it faster than 10 min OP is probably a wow geek who hates sports

Egnar 19

Swimmers have bodies built for endurance - You may be using your arms more than your legs but your wind is much higher.

1 mile is not long distance. another reason why America is becoming fat.

I'm a wow geek, I Run the mile in 5 minutes flat. Stereotypic much?

Imbored_fml 0

I'm sorry but that's just sad. Granted I'm on the track team running a sub 5 mile. But in 7th grade before I started to run, I was at 6:23. You just got to run harder. A 10:00 mile is basically walking pace.

Egnar 19

In 7th grade you may have been running a 6:23 but your body was obviously built to run track, hence being a track runner. It has nothing to do with being sad, it has to do with either being built differently, being lazy OR working out completely different muscle groups. The AVERAGE speed for a 1mile run is 10 minutes as in 50% of people run faster and 50% of people run it slower.

hook_em 0

I don't think anyone cares if you run a sub 5 mile I ran a 5:20 mile and I played baseball so your track antics aren't that impressive as egnar said people are built differently I could run long distance and I was very fast in the short distances

Imbored_fml 0

Based of of what I've seen when my school had to run the mile for gym, most people made it in 7 or 8 minutes. Even very un-athletic people. And only a small hand few of people made it over 10:00 and MOST (not all) put in little to no effort. Could the person posting this FML be some of the few that did try and still get this time , yes, and if that is the case then I apologize.