By Anonymous - 22/03/2012 05:13 - United States - Federal Way

Today, I had to re-grade a student's assignments because neither he, nor his parents can read "Spanish." I'd written in cursive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 097
You deserved it 4 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tdevonner 0

Haha apparently you write with a heavy accent lol

Comments

You like money too? Wooooowwww.....we should hang out.

They don't teach cursive anymore for the same reasons they don't teach grammar. Kids today are too stupid to learn it, especially in the US where your public education system is an international joke. Also, thumbs down to all the moron kids saying "omg why would u wright liek dat, no teach it nummore". You can't change the handwriting you've been using since you learned to write, if you had lived enough years, you would know that. Definitely sucks, OP, but it sounds like you've got a real case of dumbass American if even the little shit's parents couldn't read it.

If cursive isn't taught anymore how do kids sign their names? In grade 2 we were taught cursive and then every class required it for certain assignments until grade 9.

Same thing when I was in school. Now it seems all assignments need to be printed or even typed out. Now thinking about it, the only thing I write in cursive is my signature.

RedPillSucks 31

Thinking the same thing. Once you can sign your name, can't you pretty much write anything in cursive, unless you have a really short first and last name?

^Right on. One of the main problems with the American education system is that it dumbed itself down to the level of the students instead of challenging the students to rise up. Our company is beginning to receive its annual deluge of unsolicted resumes from college seniors who expect to graduate this spring and are seeking employment. Judging by these resumes and cover letters, the current crop of college students and recent graduates is mind-numbingly stupid. I cannot imagine any college proudly conferring a degree on this pile of shit and yet it will happen (or in some cases already has). Over the years we have seen the quality of these resumes and cover letters decline dramatically and this group is the worst ever. Even if we had an opening there is no way we would even interview any of these clowns.

MissHayleyJames 7

Amen. It should be like the old days. If a kid is too stupid to pass second grade, they get held back until they learn it instead of just passed along! I know it's been said already, but I don't want to live on this planet anymore. The stupidity is suffocating.

Squeaky_Tomato 14

I'm a little confused by your comment. You seem to be saying that the quality of a person's resume/cover letter shows you exactly how intelligent that person is. Both my sister and I are not good at writing cover letters, by your standards we are both stupid. She is an ER doctor and I am an EMT.

It... does... if you write stupid, chances are you're stupid. Proper spelling, grammar and syntax (within reason) indicate that the person has a reasonable level of education. I don't understand why kids seem to believe that having a minimum of writing skill isn't important.

We're talking form by the way, not content. Your own cover letter could be a pile of complete shit, but as long as it's written properly I'd count you above any autistic, illiterate potato coming in to the workforce straight out of school.

To clarify, yes, if your resume and cover letter are not perfect, then you are stupid. You are stupid because you did not realize your own literacy shortcomings. If you had, you would have had someone who was capable of stringing together three consecutive grammatically correct English sentences at least edit your resume. By sending a resume and cover letter with errors you are demonstrating that you were too lazy or careless to edit your resume and cover letter for errors. Our impression is that you zapped off a half-assed effort to us not because you wanted the job, but to get your parents off your back so you could get back to watching TV or playing a game. You are stupid because you failed to recognize that your resume and cover letter are a company's first impression of you and their impression is someone who is lazy, careless and illiterate. We would prefer a candidate who puts forth a better effort than this.

This FML reminds me how writing the letter "Q" in proper cursive always screwed me up!

Wow, what American can survive without knowing Spanish? Even Walmart caters to the wetbacks. It's sad that cursive writing is becoming a lost art.

There isn't a chance that I'd re-write that. The parents and students can figure it out. As someone going into teaching, Im not catering to ignorance.

You need to change proffesions and become a doctor

The majority of school employees write in cursive. Don't tell me you're one of those idiots who can't understand cursive.