By Anonymous - 28/04/2013 03:16 - United States - Atlanta

Today, I had to explain to a friend that the show writers for Glee did not write "Bohemian Rhapsody" and that Freddie Mercury did not steal the song from them. We're both 17 years old, and she reacted by kicking a chair at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 217
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

You should have shoved the chair up her ass. It's what Jesus would have done.

plum_lovin 28

Dude, no offense but I want to punch your friend in the face for thinking that the Glee writers would even possibly think of coming up with such a magnificent song such as "Bohemian Rhapsody"... Queen is the stuff man.

Comments

ardencred 7

You're both wrong! It was written by Wayne and Garth! Geez read some history!!!!

Didn't they write the original 20 years earlier unaired Glee pilot ep?

Phoebe_Buffay 14

words can't even describe how irritated this makes. Why are people so stupid?

But but Freddie died decades ago, how could he have stolen it?

Presumably with the aid of magic, like that time Kurt Cobain stole Smells Like Teen Spirit from Miley Cyrus.

It's the same retarded logic that caused her to believe that Glee wrote it in the first place.

grahmagog 14

This makes me want to move to mars

Better than people wanting to move into Uranus...

A year or so ago, one of the top searches for Google was "Why are all of these old artists stealing songs from Glee?"

Actually overheard in a clothing store: "Who are these guys covering Glee songs? Why don't they play the originals?" The Rolling Stones were playing over the store speakers.

Let me guess, your friend also thinks 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight are great pieces of literature and that The Lord of the Rings is a cheap knock-off of Harry Potter. I have a co-worker who thinks that the Twilight books are actually good and that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a horrible game, and I refuse to believe that he is a human.

Isn't everyone entitled to their opinion?

Not defending OP's friend, though. She's a true moron.

How oblivious can one person be? I mean, I've loved Glee since I started watching back in 2010 but I've always known that 99 % of the time they sing covers. Hahaha, poor OP.

1. Watch something better 2. Get a better friend. In that order.