By Anonymous - 28/04/2013 03:16 - United States - Atlanta

Today, I had to explain to a friend that the show writers for Glee did not write "Bohemian Rhapsody" and that Freddie Mercury did not steal the song from them. We're both 17 years old, and she reacted by kicking a chair at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 217
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

You should have shoved the chair up her ass. It's what Jesus would have done.

plum_lovin 28

Dude, no offense but I want to punch your friend in the face for thinking that the Glee writers would even possibly think of coming up with such a magnificent song such as "Bohemian Rhapsody"... Queen is the stuff man.

Comments

Mr25_fml 14

Is she also one of the people who didn't know who Anne Frank was till the Biebs visited the house?

No actually. I... Kind of like the OLD Glee, where they stood up for the underdog (Season 1), not to fond of the latest seasons, so I guess in some levels I am a gleek, but I heard of Anne Frank before this. Learned about her in Year 6 (10 years old) and my general passion for history began from there. OP: Despite liking the show on some levels, I do think your friend is an dumb idiot. I realise there is much better music than Glee.... I just happen to like a few covers. In fact I only watch it for Lea Michele.... So yeah.

31 you know this wasn't a question directed at you...?

Yeah, I do realize that. It's just that I'm very defensive on my knowledge of History, especially being a studying it at AS Level and planning on studying it at University. I don't like anything suggesting otherwise. It's.... kind of linked to a lot of things that I don't wish to go over.

Oh man, someone put together a compilation of all the tweets written by crazy Bieber fans' who thought Anne Frank was Bieber's new girlfriend, and how much they hated her and thought she'd never be good enough for Bieber. It was both hilarious and awful at the same time.

OMG! 12, I'm so sorry. I read your comment wrong. I thought you meant is the glee fandom one of the fandoms who didn't know who Anne Frank was. Haha. Lesson learned, read comments properly.

47, I do now. Read the comment wrong. Haha. Sorry. I'd delete the comment if I could. I rush through reading stuff a lot and sometimes misread things. I'm trying to work on it. But habits die hard, so, yeah.

Rushing through reading stuff is a great way to learn history. Good luck!

There's worse things that can happen in a relationships than a disagreement about music than a tv show..

CharresBarkrey 15

Like ignorance or stupidity? Because that's what this FML is about, not a disagreement in music.

I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who didn't appreciate Queen's talent. That's just not a person I'd ever want to get to know.

No! No this is definately not one of those times! Freddy Mercury was a god amongst men, and Bohemian Rhapsody one of the greatest songs of all time! This isnt one of those petty arguements. Glee is whats wrong with people today. **** you Glee!

71 - Glee, Jersey Shore, Those 'Real Housewives' shows..... Ok, pretty much most of TV that isn't Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Orphan Black (and so on, for the better shows)- is what's wrong with people today. There are too many channels to fill, and so they let anyone who can afford a camera or get a sponsor, have a show.

Wizardo 33

Blasphemous, this is what media and failure to learn does to society! Freddy Mercury steal my ass, without him Glee would be a big steaming pile of poo >:(

Even with Freddie Mercury, it still is a steaming pile of poo.

oj101 33

Glee - ruining perfectly good songs since 2009.

Samster2000 9

Remove her from the gene pool quickly!

EVnIAS 13

Come on you guys we all know that glee invented music. Every song they sing is one that they wrote. The only reason other band sing the song is cause glee said it was cool for them to do so. I can't believe no one knows this!

mangoboy1 19

Stupid people, stupid people everywhere.

mangoboy1 19

And I bet she thinks that one direction, bieber and all those other 'musicians' are better than the Beatles and The Rolling Stones and all those other bands.

monnanon 13

i hate the rolling stones with a burning passion yet have quite an eclectic taste in music. old band does not equal good band.

mangoboy1 19

I signed in just to dislike your comment.

TxCountryBeauty 10

You should introduce your friend to Wayne's World! One of the best movies ever!!!

Such a great movie... Even number 2 is great. Party time! Excellent!!

Wayne's World obviously stole Bohemian Rhapsody from Glee too. Didn't you know?