By gimpy - 04/01/2012 16:55 - United States

Today, I had to cut short my New Year's resolution of going to the gym daily, when the meathead next to me dropped some heavy weights, which bounced and landed on my foot. I'm sitting at home in a cast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 842
You deserved it 2 481

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jesus **** people, it was an accident. Bad stuff happens all the time, but the reason the legal system in the US is so ****** up is frivolous lawsuits like this.

Comments

some people are really overreacting. why the hell should OP sue that guy? have you heard the word "accident" before? and it's not like OP will never ever be able to go back to gym again.

chenry1 4

They are overreacting like crazy. All people wanna do now a days is sue sue sue. So they can get more money and sit on their lazy fat asses.

Sorry to hear that, when it heals you can be back to exercising, just stay away from the meathead this time. Bet he at least said he was sorry right?

TIP: If you see a guy lifting 100pounds in each hand. STAY THE **** AWAY FROM HIM.

ALWAYS avoid places like the gym for the first few weeks of January. Everyone resolves to go to the gym, most have no idea what to do in the gym, and you end up with a squashed foot. Plus, you don't really need a gym right away to get fit. You can do free things like walk, push/sit/pull ups, or go to the nearest tall parking garage and go up and down the stairs. After a month or two, then get the gym membership. Avoid squashed feet, save a few bucks, and so on. BTW - going to the gym daily is a bit much. You need rest and recovery days, otherwise all you do is hurt yourself.

Plenty of exercises you can do seated. No excuses.

this is what is wrong with society today when anything happens the first thing is to sue.