By Hailey - 26/06/2018 06:00

Spicy
Today, I had to awkwardly explain in a conference with HR, management, and my coworkers that the occasional bruises, cuts, welts, and choke marks are from consensual BDSM sex and NOT domestic violence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 603
You deserved it 3 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least they showed concern for you. My co-workers would tell me to walk off a double leg amputation.

I don't understand why you had to explain that it was do to BDSM. Couldn't you just have assured them it isn't abuse but it is personal? Or lie and say you've been taking an MMA training program?

Comments

Meanwhile, at my job, it's ok that my coworker actually domestically abuses her boyfriend because "that's private" according to my manager. But I get suspended for 3 days and have to take a harassment course because I complained about her behavior.

Umm that's bullshit report your manager to his boss it's against the law not to report it to police.

She's a sociopath. I was having a meeting with one of my supervisors and this employee, who kept defending all of her bad behavior, (repeatedly being very late to work, being abusive to her boyfriend in front of coworkers, bullying other coworkers) and I got frustrated and told the supervisor that she's a sociopath and how can she keep excusing this woman's behavior? So I get suspended without pay for being "intolerant" and she continues to skip merrily down her psycho path.

Please get some serious therapy, and ya should've had the common sense to have covered the wounds which by the way repeated choking will lead to scar tissue building up in neck which will cause serious medical issues like slow blood flow to the brain which will lead to further complications like death.

PenguinPal3017 19

People should find what they love and let it kill them. For some people that's smoking, for others it's rough sex.

Lobby_Bee 17

You should just agree to having domestic violence at home.

boopingsnoot 24

I suggest you lay off choking play for a number of reasons. And perhaps you should wear clothes that cover up the marks from your BDSM activities.

I can see HR asking you out if concern but I sincerely doubt this was a group discussion.

corky1992 33

At least they care about your well being.

I think you might have overshared a bit in your meeting. I had a meeting once with HR because I took 3 floating vacation days in a row. While ok, it looks odd. When asked why (with a union steward present I add,) my simple answer was "None of your F****** business, can I get back to my job now?" Smart, no, but telling them it's nothing to worry about would be fine.

It's really not the company's business what the employee does with their vacation time or sick time. Like, at all, and they don't have the right to ask what you're doing with it. Floating holiday does not actually mean you have to take it on a holiday. I hope you enjoyed your 3 days off! :)

Tell them, that to supplement their horrible pay, you had to get a job killing people. Then ask when your next pay review is.

They are crazy! What if it really was domestic violence? Having all those people around never helps to confess abuse, if it did the victims would have told all the coworkers already long time ago. They were there all the time. Thats the whole problem that people are shy and don't talk about it.