By it's called an accelerator, grandma, get your ass in gear - 06/03/2016 19:59 - United Kingdom - Leeds

Today, I had my first driving test. The instructor turned out to be the kind of twit who made me do the full 60-minute test, only to tell me afterwards that he was failing me for the only mistake I made less than 2 minutes after the test started. Time wasting tit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 247
You deserved it 3 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, I've had this happen too, while doing my test. I believe they're meant to make you do the whole test for the sake of experience with the different sections, like independent driving, so you're more prepared next time.

Comments

In the US (at least in Michigan), they are required to have you complete your test because they have had problems with people becoming physical and injuring the instructors. My instructor pretty much fell asleep the whole time and this same thing happened to by best friend, so don't feel bad.

Same thing happened to me first time I took mine, I know how frustrating some of them can be and I feel for ya

It also helps because they make sure you don't make other make other mistakes throughout. How would you like to retake the test 10 times cuz you failed 2 min in, then 10min, then 15, etc I'm a helicopter pilot... When we get a fail on a maneuver on a check ride, they basically say "well, you failed, do you want to continue?" Granted, everything we pass thereafter counts and we only have to retest what we fail on. We are also paying $250-800/hr for the aircraft to take the test... So if you aren't on your game, it pays to quit.

I can sympathise, I did my test four times. The first two was by another "time wasting tit" who also failed me for things you cannot be failed for. When I moved to a different area to do my test I almost passed the third time but buggered up my parallel park and the fourth time managed to nail it and passed with flying colours. When I was allowed to have a conversation with the instructors after the test and explained what my "time wasting tit" failed me for they shook their heads and told me there was no reason to fail me. Chin up, you will pass eventually :)

I failed mine because my car A) isn't Street legal (no drivers side rearview mirror) and B) because the glovebox door won't shut. apparently an open glovebox door is "distracting and detrimental to safety". I drove fine, but failed because of the vehicle. if you dont think that's ****** I don't know what to tell you.

# 60 I can't tell if you're joking. You got failed for driving illegally? Crazy....

Good for him. Sure you made a mistake that was going to fail you but think of it like this which would waste more time fixing that mistake coming back and trying again only to fail on something else and doing this over and over again until you made it through a whole test or just giving you the whole test so if you failed on anything else you would know what to fix and only have to come back once?

ahem... this is the normal situation. I also failed within the first 10 minutes of my first test, but he made me do the entire test.

you sound like a cocky twit yourself. maybe he didn't like your attitude.