By noyodel - 04/07/2009 04:04 - Italy

Today, I had been planning a family trip for months. My father had all his bags packed, ready to go in the car. He had my grandmother's ashes in his suitcase, and planned to spread them on a mountain. This morning our car was broken into and everything was stolen. The thief stole my grandma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 494
You deserved it 3 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

philosopher 0

I'm actually wondering what kind of jackasses would label this as a YDI.

Nissi 17

Aww. I'm sorry about that. FYL.

Comments

SkankinZombies 0

I'm really sorry that's horrible! Your families in my prayers.

YDI for leaving stuff in your car overnight, thought that does suck.

seniorenyore 0

how do they deserve it?! they left stuff in there because its probably a long trip and waned to get there and back at a good hour so they packed before god you people are dumb and have no logical thought to you

Something like this happened to a family a while back. Their house was robbed and during the robbery the guy took a bunch of stuff that had belonged to their dead daughter. They went to the news and I forget what else, but they made it public. They said they just wanted her stuff back, they didn't want to press charges or care who did it. Sure enough the guy was "nice" enough to bring back their daughter's stuff and left it on their porch in the middle of the night. Maybe if you make it a little more public, (unless they totally ditched the car), they'll bring back the ashes. At least you could say you tried?

gvschmidt94 0

That's Italy for you bud. :l FYL

zach5 0

I bet you if they knew, they wouldn't take her.

maybe the thief will dump them on the mountain. if grandma is really broken up I would get an identical vase and put in some BBQ ashes or something and tell her that the police recovered the ashes and let her spread those. she'll feel better Okay, I wouldn't actually do that, but it would make for a good sitcom episode! well, maybe not.

umm I think the ashes are the grandma.. not some random ashes that belong to her silly

heyyou1203 0

well i doubt the thief realized there was someone's ashes in the suitcase... not exactly a common item one travels with (unless, of course, we're talking about people who post on FML, I agree there is a trend)

I bet the thief(ves) thought it was a vase. But that still sucks. FYL.

lastminuteperm 0

I am against using ashes. Sorry...just stating my opinion. And I let people have theirs. I actually think that is a very touching idea spreading them on top of the mountain. I still want to be burried, though.

seniorenyore 0

no offence but i dont think anyone cares about your opinion wether your for cremation or burial. yes, youre entitled to your own opinion but i find it highly unessesary at this moment. considering the fact that they just had the ashes stolen..not exacly a good time to share how youre not for ashes. just a tad bit of a rub in the face.