By SocietyToday - 27/08/2017 13:00

Today, I was grocery shopping with my older sister. An elderly couple passed, and the man pointed to my sister, saying, "She LOVES to eat." My sister is 7 months pregnant, and I had to spend the next hour comforting her as she bawled her eyes out because of an off-hand comment from a stranger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 098
You deserved it 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I probably would have said, "And you LOVE being an asshole. She's pregnant, **** off, you twat." But that's because I am awful at socialization and get vicious when people I care about are hurt.

Your sister is only temporarily fat, but that guy is permanently elderly ... until he drops dead, that is.

Comments

I probably would have said, "And you LOVE being an asshole. She's pregnant, **** off, you twat." But that's because I am awful at socialization and get vicious when people I care about are hurt.

As a pregnant woman, that is an excellent come back. You may use it anytime

Your sister is only temporarily fat, but that guy is permanently elderly ... until he drops dead, that is.

My retort: "and you don't have long to live. And with your attitude I doubt anyone will show up to the funeral."

The age old question has been answered: "What happens when the senile meet the hormonal?"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Say the person who only has the balls to insult said PREGNANT and hormonal woman while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

She's pregnant. You've obviously never dealt with a pregnant woman, but their hormones are super all over the place, she can't control her emotions or her reactions. And if the woman has pre-existing self image issues, being pregnant pretty much magnifies them by 100. My friend was pregnant, and she's doesn't have self image issues, but she still got upset the bigger she got, calling herself fat and all. It's the hormones. Lay off.

What an ass. Too bad neither of you said, "She's pregnant, you moron."

Okay, the man is REALLY ignorant. Pregnant bellies (esp. in the third trimester) and just plain fat bellies look way different.

In the end, it’s just too bad that a single comment on a woman’s body size has the potential to be so devastating. Because we are such a freaking superficial and misogynistic society we have women constantly fearing that they too will be written off as unworthy and disgusting because of a few pounds. I hate America sometimes