By krfenton8 - 11/01/2016 06:49

Today, I had a bad feeling about walking to work because of the weather. Instead, I drove. My car slid on the ice and I created a four-car pile up. All three of the other people involved have decided to sue me. I should've walked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 578
You deserved it 4 095

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's not really your fault though. Cars do slide on ice. No one knows when it will happen.

You should probably never trust your gut again

Comments

Wow, so much misinformation here. First off, yes they can sue you for damages caused by your negligence while driving. This is why we have auto insurance. Accidents do happen, but typically somebody is at fault. If you lost control of your car, then you will be liable for the damages that resulted from that action, both direct (the car you hit) and indirect (the cars that were hit on up the chain). Laws vary by state, and some states have what they call "no fault" insurance. If you do not have insurance, #1 shame on you, and #2 as long as the damages are within your policy limits, you should not have to pay a nickel, except to repair your own car, if you so desire.

Just so you know how insurance works, yes you do indeed pay for it with increased premiums for several years. Additionally their vehicle is probably damaged enough to warrant repairs which comes out of pocket for the person at fault assuming they don't want to claim it and pay even more premiums, and they have to cover their deductible.

Apparently you can't drive so you should turn in your license and sell your car and buy a bus pass. For the future, icy road means drive slow. I SAID SLOW, OMG YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST YOU'RE GOING TO *screeeeee* *BANG!* yeah... get a bus pass.

Where I live, if you read-end someone (no matter the weather), it's automatically your fault because you were following too close. If you were at the front of the pile-up, no way is it your fault they hit you. They should have kept a safer distance for the weather conditions.

legendof90 14

They have no case. They were also on the road

Who knows. Maybe something worse could have happened if had walked. Like getting murdered

ohsnapword 21

Unless you hit them, they have no case. If they hit you, you can sue them

Now I understand why your dad took your keys away from you.

schreibergx93 19

Just started working in insurance... I really hope you have good coverage OP! Good luck!

hgp285 16

The thing is op, in this weather they all should have left extra room to stop. you spinning out shouldn't have affected them if they drove smarter