By midwesternpetclerk - 09/11/2011 04:06 - United States

Today, I got yelled at by my boss for being insensitive to a customer. I'd told her I never heard of the requested item even existing. She walked off shouting, screaming and throwing stuff from the shelf. She wanted to order a bird feeder with heated perches so the bird's feet won't get cold. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 853
You deserved it 2 727

Same thing different taste

Comments

leadman1989 15

You should have offered to make her one... and send her the bird zapped 9000! >:) SADISTIC!

DropBearHunter 8

Next time just point them to the crazy pill aisle without telling them whats in it.

FYLDeep 25

So now you know there's a market for something as crazy as that. But before you start designing prototypes and investing time bringing this to the market, you have to think 4th dimensionally... The great Steve Jobs didn't just get people to buy his overpriced products. He got them to buy the same overpriced product every year! Why make your money once, when you could make it annually? Now that's thinking like a boss!

Introducing the iPhone 4s. It's like the iPhone 4 except you can talk to it. Genius.

FYLDeep 25

Yes, I believe Steve said something similar to that right before he ascended into the iCloud.

poorjudgement 26

1. You deserved it for not being poliet enough to explain that your shop doesn't have it and your suppliers don't provide it, so that you are sorry, but you can to help her. This is advice from someone who worked in shop. 2. You SOOOO deserve it, for thinking that something doesn't exist just because you don't know about it. I just googled it and yes, you can find them online for about $35. She overreacted, I agree, but I would be pissed if some ignorant sales person would try to explain me that something I asked dosen't exist if I know it does. I would personally explain to them that it exist and that they are ignorants, but I wouldn't involve manager.

OP didnt say it flat out didn't exist, only that s/he didn't KNOW of its existance. Also, rudeness wasn't implied. Some customers are just phychos, no matter how polite you are.

kashmanwiggar 10

You miss, sound like a complete and utter bitch. It's not ignorance if a sales person doesn't know if a product does or does not exist, if they don't sell it at their store why should they know about it.

Leahbabe15 0

Also, the word is not "poliet" it is polite. Before you jump someone's ass for being rude, please remember to spell things right.

poorjudgement 26

@33 Yeah, I have great profile, don't I?

Poorjudgement, you sound like a asshole. You're one of those people who overanalize the fml, and find ways to blame the op. I worked at a restaurant weeks ago (i quit), I get shit from customers like this when a food product is not avaliable anymore. It's not the op's fault in anyway, you overanalized the fml and posted utter bullshite. *******...

Birds can't feel their feet, it's a freakin stupid idea.

TraceCase_ 19

45, birds are warm blooded. It's freakin stupid to think they couldn't benefit from heat they soak up from their feet. Lots of birds perch on one foot and draw the other close to their chest to keep warm.

M0rt 0

Funny how the sensible person gets the thumbs down

Graawr 7

#23 Now I know why you call yourself "poorjudgement".

Youre a moron. I hate people that complain over stupid stuff. People like you, who would ruin a persons day to prove that they're smarter.

JayJayAttackAtta 5

23/88, your ignorant for not knowing the meaning of ignorant and having to look it up. Also your a moron for repeatedly commenting on one comment, especially when no one is paying attention to you. Meaning of moron: a person that does something over and over with no change in results.

JayJayAttackAtta 5

KaySL, I will right after you hang yourself from your bridge.

JayJayAttackAtta 5

KaySL, I'm not a third rate troll.... I'm a fifth rate worgen. OHHHHHHH!!!! WoW burn, ya troll!!!

JayJayAttackAtta 5

KaySL, there's one thing worse then a troll and it's a troll that uses texting language. Btw, how do you get Internet under that little bridge of yours?

13FMYLIFE 0

I LOVE HOW YOU GET MAD AT HIM FOR NOT KNOWING IT EXISTED... BUT YOU HAD TO LOOK IT UP ON GOOGLE TO KNOW... HMM and I know that was in all caps. I just figured I was making a really good point.

kashmanwiggar 10

33- What are you going to do about it? Write another comment that includes a long dictionary definition? Please do. Love, Kashmanwiggar

JayJayAttackAtta 5

114, I love starting them, especially when people think they automatically win by calling people "******* idiot" or "turds in the gene pool" (btw I know I called someone a moron so no comment)

fthislyfe 22

How insensitive of you...You should have at least said no, but you look really good today!

Leahbabe15 0

This is altogether nuts, honestly, I'm happy for you that you kept it as polite as you did. I cannot deal with people like that.

Randomnessmoi 0

I'm pretty sure she was high. No one is that stupid...

letschat6 5

You'd be surprised... People these days.

U should've said "i apologize, we don't have such product in the world of sanity. I recommend bird socks instead"