By katsaysner - 17/10/2014 17:56 - United States - Unity

Today, I got the best grade in class on my economics midterm. Rather than tell me I did a good job, my professor criticized me in front of everyone about how I was working "too hard". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 856
You deserved it 4 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And that is the reason why I'll never understand the way school works. P.S., He's probably jealous because he couldn't get those grades himself. Keep it up OP :)

What a jerk, can't accept an over achiever when he sees one ;-)

Comments

KittyyCattyy 9

Isn't that what teachers normally want?

Yeah this honestly doesn't really make sense for a teacher to say.

diving_fml 30

And people wonder why Americans are lazy, even the teachers are teaching to be lazy

You are taking one example to be the judge of the thousands of other teachers in America. I call pretty that childish

I call 'pretty that' childish. Goddamn, I didn't notice :/

Someone on FML with a sense of humour?? I salute you! You're a rare kind.

I can't help but wonder what he says to those that fail...

Was gonna say, if you didn't do well he'd probably moan at you for that too....might as well do well of you're gonma get moaned at either way!

How rude.. Don't listen to people who criticize you.

He shouldn't make you feel bad at all, and I doubt the people in the class looked at working "too hard" was a bad thing. To me, effort is key. Good job!

He must have thought that the grade you got in relation to the amount of time you spent studying wasn't too economical.

How can it be that no one who uses this app has ever heard of sarcasm? The professor was most likely joking. My teachers do it all the time. Bad teachers for trying to make their job slightly more fun.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

We weren't there in person, OP was. I'm sure that OP would have been able to tell the difference between their professor joking and genuinely critizing them. I'm sure that had it been the former, this FML wouldn't be on here.

ShadowlessSpear 21

But then again, OP *could* be one of those super academic students that don't understand what a joke is.

I'm curious to know what he expects of his students. Most professors I've had encouraged over achieving. I guess Pink Floyd was right. "no dark sarcasm in the classroom...."

blazerman_fml 17

Im afraid,He might have a point.Children nowadays are forced to work relentlessly just to get a good grade they forget lots of other important things in life.I know fiends of mine who would spend more than 14-16 hours a day with school,private tuition and extra classes.When I meet them now. Its obvious to both that it was pointless.Some of them even burnt out and almost flunked the exam!The key is to work hard enough to do well and understand the concepts to apply them to real life situations and not tire yourself out.This being said I know most of the teachers don't care about their students and just release personal frustration on them.But then there are actual teachers who care.So he might just have a point.Good luck OP.