By Gross - 21/07/2013 23:20 - United States - Houston

Today, I got fired from my job as a seafood manager because an entire wedding group came in and started yelling at me, saying the shrimp was horrible and I ruined their wedding. They showed me the leftovers; they never cooked them. They fed raw shrimp at a wedding dinner party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 884
You deserved it 3 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

their ignorance is to blame for that one.

That's ridiculous. Some people are just really stupid.

Comments

their ignorance is to blame for that one.

michaelaranda 28

yep whoever was in charge of catering that wedding, should seriously be taken to court, not only for ruining what should be a once in a lifetime thing, but also because a lot of people could have gotten extremely sick!

It's not sushi, seafood that isn't prepared to be eaten raw, can and probably will make you very ill.

'Muricans will sue you if there are no instructions on what you can and can't do with anything. "open before eating", "do not refreeze", "don't put the cat in the microwave"... There is no such thing as common sense XD

34- ain't just 'muricans homeslizzice. Stupidity is everywhere. It saddens me to know how much access people have to information, even on a device right there in their hands, yet people have only gotten moronically dumber and no longer care to question. They get told something and go "oh okay" like sheep instead of going "why is that?" like someone with a brain. *facepalmheaddesk*

Actually, shrimp can be eaten raw - Prawn cocktail often has raw shrimp.

Nope, they can't and they don't. (1) Prawns and shrimp are not the same thing. (2) Shrimp and prawn cocktails are usually served COLD, but certainly not raw. If the shrimp you are looking at is pink, it it cooked. If it is clear/grey, it is raw.

SwaggCapone 11

I fail to see how this is OP fault

The confusing part is that in Australia, the thing you call a Shrimp is called a Prawn here. Lol.

Keattles 14

Wow, that's terrible. Sorry OP. You deserve better anyways.

Wowxoxo 17

Maybe OP enjoyed the job? Even though food service managers are responsible for making the customer happy, they shouldn't be held accountable for customer stupidity.

It was a generic comment in order to try to get first comment.

That's ridiculous. Some people are just really stupid.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Wowxoxo 17

What's "gross" about seafood?

puffleprincess 7

I would think the "gross" part about seafood would be the "raw" part. Just my guess... (:

Wowxoxo 17

I understood that, I'm saying there's nothing gross about it. Granted, everybody is entitled to his or her opinion, but there is no need for the snide comments.

Sushi. Raw seafood doesn't make people sick, necessarily, they probably forgot to devein the shrimp.

monnanon 13

sashimi, the fish in sushi, is actually cured using a marinade. it is not the same as eating raw fish it is more like eating smoked fish such as salmon.

Sashimi is not marinaded. It's plain raw fish. If you had marinaded raw fish it was likely an ahi poke or something along those lines.

Sorry about that, you should try to explain that to your boss see if it works

Yeah, and the worst part is is that they're gonna breed! :O

What? it's cooked, the redness is just the special seafood sauce..

Shrimp is translucent/ grey when it's not cooked...pink would actually have been a good sign...

#7 was obviously the one in charge of food at said wedding....

FMLprincess023 13

That must really leave a bad taste in your mouth ;)

soldiat_fml 17

How in the hell did nobody at that wedding realize the shrimp was raw?

Because they all were stupid and paid no attention.

thatsucks4you 7

What I thought too. Everyone at the wedding should know what a cooked shrimp should look like. Idiots!!