By bubblegummm13 - 27/09/2009 04:30 - Canada

Today, I got an email from my University informing me that I was invited to an exclusive dinner for 25 people. As I continued to read through the email, I discovered that I wasn't lucky or special, but that the dinner was for financially unstable students. They think I'm a charity case. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 745
You deserved it 4 483

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Free food is free food. This might involve free money for school as well. You aren't above anything.

Darth_Taco 14

What's wrong with being poor? I'm poor, I've been poor all my life. If I was offered a free meal and possible financial aid, I'd take advantage of it in a second!

Comments

Amy_10 0

Hey, free food is good food. Free ANYTHING is good. This isn't an FML. Most people would love this opportunity, even if they aren't financially unstable. You should be lucky that you get a free meal. Stop bitching. Jeez.

Jessaly_fml 0

You're clearly not financially unstable if you see this as a bad thing. Someone else definitely deserves that dinner, not you.

No, he could just be a dumbass with too much pride

Someone thinks I'm poor and wants to help me. FML

xero_art 0

my only regret is that it isn't a fml, its a good thing and you definitely do not deserve it. I'm 4 days from having my classes dropped and ending up on the street. **** you sir, **** you

Being poor might suck but it's nothing to be ashamed off. Most students are poor and would gladly take any free food offered. Heck they may even offer some scholarships or extra loans for you. I went to my academic advisor's house for thanksgiving last year even though I didn't really know her and felt kind of uncomfortable just because it was free food. She even gave me some extra food to take home.

meezer008 0

i think this person was more upset with the fact that they thought it was a letter for "lucky or special" people, obviously this person is not either of these otherwise they prolly wudnt have gotten so excited that someone else thought it too.

lem0n_fml 0

So what..? If they're going to pay for your education so that you can get a decent job and NOT be "financially unstable" anymore, what's so bad about that?

Osakhomen 0

So what? If they think your financially unstable, they'll give you more free money! Shut up and take the dinner!

What? You think just because someone is financially unstable makes them a charity case? Keep thinking like that and you'll get your ass kicked by some of us "Charity Cases" ******* stuck up snob

qwertyone 0

Dude...free stuff. Just swallow your false pride and go.