By LittleMissRejected - 21/07/2017 14:27

Today, I learned that, even after several interviews and congratulations for getting the job, you still might not get the job. I just received an email stating that my accepted offer is now rejected. I already treated my close friends to an expensive dinner to celebrate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 892
You deserved it 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EnvyMe33 26

You should've waited to celebrate until after your first check. Also it's messed up when companies do that. Sorry about your luck.

Why would they do that? Is that even legal?

Comments

EnvyMe33 26

You should've waited to celebrate until after your first check. Also it's messed up when companies do that. Sorry about your luck.

Why would they do that? Is that even legal?

mitolit 12

It is essentially like the applicant got hired and then immediately fired which follows all states at-will employment statutes if the firing was for cause or economic downturn and not discriminatory reasons. So yes, it is probably legal even if it is professionally unethical.

Lobby_Bee 17

Wow, that sucks, but next time remember to treat your friends after you get your first paycheck.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No, if the friends don’t want to pay, the op can play it off as a joke.

I don't think she was saying they are friends, but rather that OP could lose their friends

ArbiterOfFML 24

Nope *Their*. What is a they are friend?

Gwengreen 6

Sweetheart, I have had this happen too... with my current job. Some corporations send out mass emails to everyone that applied- even to the one hired! You still might be golden! Talk to the person that hired you. Worked for this corporation 3 times, 3 very different positions and this happened every time.

So this corporation hired you three times, and sent youban email each time saying you didn't get the job? Are you sure those emails wete mistakes?

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Since it was an email, it might be an error. Try to call the hiring manager or HR or whomever and ask about it. Those emails are automated and get sent out by mistake sometimes. Source: My job is to help others get jobs.

chickens...counting...hatch... something like that.

ncparry 18

That would really suck...I'm a bit worried about my pending job offer at the moment.

tease_ftx 8

You counted your eggs before they hatched..why spend money you don't have in your pocket.