By I piss upon thee - 13/05/2016 18:35 - United States - Toledo

Today, I got a warning for not covering a shift, on my day off, for someone who didn't want to go to work. Apparently the next time I “do something wrong", I'll either get warned again or fired, whichever they feel like doing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 000
You deserved it 1 033

Same thing different taste

Top comments

By law that's not a punishable offense. If you get fired for it, you can take it to court. Best of luck OP

Oh the rookie phase... If they seem that serious I would start looking for a new job or take advantage of the overtime.

Comments

I got a write up for staying late and told I will be fired the next time it happens. All because my manager left without telling me to go home and the other managers thought I was off at 10 instead of 8.

did you not know your own schedule?

I didn't get warned for it at least but I put in for a day off like 3 months ago for a doctors appointment and was approved for the day off. That morning I get a text from my boss asking me to come in. I said I couldn't and they kept asking when my appointment was and wanting me to come in before and after my appointment to work. I should also add that since I was approved for the day off and it was my birthday I had plans besides my important doctors appointment. But yeah, my boss was disappointed that I couldn't make it in to work. I almost told him it isn't my fault that we are so shorthanded.

There's one and only one response appropriate for that kind of "ur totally our slave 4eva" mentality so-often enforced by the man: "**** yourself."

MoroseMoose 47

As satisfying as that would be, people still have bills to pay.

amccaul1976 8

get another job first. Then just stop showing up. when they ask why you weren't there just say. 'you were supposed to cover my shift.' looks like you need to be written up of fired. what ever you feel like.

I really feel your pain. I used to work in a factory and there was an accident and I injured my left foot. On next day I supposed to work as well. But I couldn't go to work due to my injury. Next day I got a call from the company and scolded for not doing my shift and eventually fired. So my advice is don't waste your precious time and energy for companies who doesn't deserve you.

yellowzinnias 20

That's illegal...Ohio State Labor Board. At least threaten them that you'll call, so that they're aware you know your rights and where to turn if they're violated.

rita91 5

Stat looking for another job, then when you get it don't tell your boss till your shift then call in saying sorry found a better job!

MoroseMoose 47

My old job used to do this, just more quietly. If you consistently couldn't drop what you were doing to cover a shift, you got less and less hours until you quit. Totally unreasonable.