By Late - 12/11/2016 07:45

Today, my boss at my new job yelled at me for being 15 minutes early to work. Last week he yelled at me for being late for my shift when I arrived 5 minutes early. He's considering this my final warning before I'm fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 195
You deserved it 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

5 minutes before work time, you're late. 15 minutes before work time, you're early. You OBVIOUSLY need to come in 10 minutes before work time to be right on time. Logic and all. But seriously, if your boss is like that, I'd just start job searching now.

mermaidkeels 26

Sounds like he doesn't know at what time you're suppose to go in...might want to double check with him before he (wrongfully) fires you. It'd be even better if you can get it in writing/email so you have proof.

Comments

how are comments closed on a post without comments?

Seems your boss hates you doing extra work. Make sure to be late as possible to make him happier ;)

Sometimes, if you work on the clock, the boss has to pay you more than he planned on and you **** up his budget.

mermaidkeels 26

Sounds like he doesn't know at what time you're suppose to go in...might want to double check with him before he (wrongfully) fires you. It'd be even better if you can get it in writing/email so you have proof.

Shay_Shay97 23

Wait, so let me get this straight. Your boss got mad at you for showing up EARLY? There are things that people do that honestly just defy logic, and thus is s perfect example of that. Just... wow.

tounces7 27

Nah he's just a dick looking for an excuse to fire OP, probably has to follow company regulations regarding termination, so he's just making shit up to comply with them.

Maybe having to leave that job wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

No matter what you do you will lose against his stupidity. Good luck

5 minutes before work time, you're late. 15 minutes before work time, you're early. You OBVIOUSLY need to come in 10 minutes before work time to be right on time. Logic and all. But seriously, if your boss is like that, I'd just start job searching now.

Seems like he's just looking for an excuse honestly.

Sounds like he's got a grudge honestly- start job searching now, and if he has one, talk to his superior about him harassing you on the time you get to work, and giving you a warning for being late on a day you were early. Maybe even talk to your coworkers on the quiet and see if he harasses other workers, and if he does, you an your coworkers can coordinate to present all the grievances to his superior at once so there's evidence of a pattern. Also, look into unemployment and see how it works where you live- and go ahead and get as much of the paperwork done as possible while you are still employed. The sooner you can submit it, the less you'll have to dip into any money you've saved up.