By K - 16/02/2011 02:40 - United States

Today, I got a second notice from the mailman that my mail would not be delivered because of the pile of ice a plow had pushed in front of my mailbox. After getting the first notice, I'd spent an hour in the cold busting up the ice with a pick to clear a path. He put both notices in my mailbox. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 532
You deserved it 2 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

krazy_glu3 0

leave a note inside your mailbox saying 'while you are putting another notice in my mailbox, could you also slip in my mail too?'

FYLDeep 25

That's lame. Just put the mail in the box, asshole mailman.

Comments

sccrismyantidrg 4

It's not about being lazy. Letter carriers get pissed if people don't clear a pathway as they should. So they will get revenge by holding mail. They can do that.

buttonsnbows 0

How does this constitute as "lazy"? He still did the work of coming to the mailbox, and inserting the warning, he just didn't leave the mail. Besides, maybe there was no mail to deliver.

TrollsHaveSouls 0

You should "go postal" on the mailman for being lazy. Lame joke, yes, I know. Someone was bound to say that sooner or later. And OP if you don't get any mail for a couple of days, is it really that big of a deal? All I ever get in the mail is coupons for the supermarket or bills.

Isn't it common sense to clear a path to the box? Where would you like the notices put? Nailed to the snowbank or rolled up and jammed in your...

The post office owns your mailbox, shouldn't they be clearing it out?

wrong - where did you get that idea? If it's a private home the box belongs to the property owner, but must conform to certain specs.

same thing here. can't wait fir the USPS to go under.

riggens7522 0

I guess you don't want your mail that bad then.

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, but slipping on the snow in the rainy gloom of night and busting their ass is where they draw the line. They can only deal with one hazard at a time.

Well, my boyfriend's mailman leaves those notices if there's so much as a couple inches of snow on the path (we're both students--god forbid it snows when he has an early class). And that's just ridiculous. I mean, we live in Quebec, it's not like snow is unheard of. Other than that, while it sucks that the snowplow causes that to happen, it is regardless still your responsibility to clear the way. "Pile of ice" sounds dangerous... significantly more dangerous than a couple inches of snow or a bit of rain.