By K - 16/02/2011 02:40 - United States

Today, I got a second notice from the mailman that my mail would not be delivered because of the pile of ice a plow had pushed in front of my mailbox. After getting the first notice, I'd spent an hour in the cold busting up the ice with a pick to clear a path. He put both notices in my mailbox. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 532
You deserved it 2 820

Same thing different taste

Top comments

krazy_glu3 0

leave a note inside your mailbox saying 'while you are putting another notice in my mailbox, could you also slip in my mail too?'

FYLDeep 25

That's lame. Just put the mail in the box, asshole mailman.

Comments

Did anyone else read the part where OP said he did clear the path of all ice? If that`s the truth then the postman is just being lazy

A pick? Really? Hot water would have done the job.

Oh totally! Coat the whole sidewalk with a layer of hot water. There is no way that will cool down, then freeze.

If the plow buried the mailbox the first time than the post is likely delivered by the mail carrier driving up to the mailbox, so they aren't risking slipping in the first place. Secondly if the OP spent forever clearing the area after the first notice and then got a second notice IN the mailbox, than the box is clearly accessible to the mail person.

"After getting the first notice, I'd spent an hour in the cold busting up the ice with a pick to clear a path." They did take responsibility apparently and it still resulted in a second notice in the mailbox.

Your mailman hates you then. Leave a note in your mailbox for him telling him that if he can put notices in there, then he better put your damn mail in there before he gets fired. Lulz.

The hedgehog/beaver/groundhog/rodent couldn't see his shadow, so only six more weeks of winter. Get your shovel & suck it up, if you live where it snows, there's a high probability you will have to shovel at some point during the winter. The mailman hates his job as it is, he's not interested in sledding/ice skating to your mailbox every day.

Stick a note to your Mailbox with this: "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." (apparently, this is not really the creed of the USPS, as United_States_Postal_Service_creed at Wikipedia says, but chances are the mailman doesn't know this.)

Anyone who delivers mail is ignorant. Ours doesn't arrive until 6 at the earliest. That job is for kids who can't make it through middle school. Peace out(:

AtrumMessor 1

Proof if proof were needed that the whole 'Neither rain nor snow nor sleet..." creed is total bull.