By graduate - 06/06/2009 13:17 - United States

Today, I got a computer. When I opened it, I found out that my dad had made himself the administrator. He made it so everything shut off after 11 o'clock, and made it so I couldn't download anything without his password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 952
You deserved it 7 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just download tons of horse **** on his computer. When he asks why, tell him that for some reason, you couldn't download anything on yours so you used his instead. :D

Comments

xPediophobia 0

My dad did that too... It turned off at 11pm and I couldn't download any of my music at all, but I figured out his password so it was all good xD

Wow, your dad's a prick. Even if you were a child that would still be a ridiculous measure to take.

Glam_fml 0

Wow, all I can say is that sucks. I know I am always on my computer after 11 doing homework and playing games.. Unless you are still in High School, this is completely unacceptable.

When you're old enough to buy your own computer then you can use it whenever you want. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Be happy you got a computer at all.

ydi if you don't fix it, otherwise fyl for having to go through the extra trouble. If it's new it may be Vista (additional fyl) and I don't know if the safe mode trick works in Vista. Format should still work though, just do that.

judging by your name (graduate) i think you a little too old for that..

Boot windows from a flash drive. Figure the password. Google how to hack passwords. Its not hard at all!

AmyBeth 0

That is soooo stupid why the heck are parent so overly protective like that, they should know that you are not that young and don't need to be sheltered or something stupid like getting off the computer at 11 o'clock! Plus isan't it YOUR computer!

Reinstall the system and make yourself an administrator with all those parental controls used on your dads account. If u cant do that YDI :P

hir23 0

That sucks that your parents don't think you're responsible enough to handle going online after 11 pm. That's just dumb. If you've graduated, you're pretty much old enough. Some parents just way overdo things. I'm just glad my parents aren't that computer-savvy. FYL, and I hope you find a way around this.