By graduate - 06/06/2009 13:17 - United States

Today, I got a computer. When I opened it, I found out that my dad had made himself the administrator. He made it so everything shut off after 11 o'clock, and made it so I couldn't download anything without his password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 952
You deserved it 7 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just download tons of horse **** on his computer. When he asks why, tell him that for some reason, you couldn't download anything on yours so you used his instead. :D

Comments

Because of your name, I'm guessing you just graduated high school (hence, still live with your parents) and will be going to college in the fall. If that is the case, FYL for sure, but if you explain to him that you will probably need to download programs for your classes and do homework past 11, hopefully he will understand. Or, perhaps he is already planning to remove his admin status in the fall, and he just wants to make sure you don't spend all summer playing computer games/downloading ****. On the other hand, if you are not planning to go to college and have no plans to move out of your parents' place, then YDI.

Think of it this way, your dads looking out for you. Yes, parental controls suck balls and we all hate them, but at least he cares. If you're over the age of 18, do you really need to be living with him? His house = His rules If you're going to college, he'll probably take them off sooner or later.

i had that until i was well into being 18 years old. my little sister, however, hasn't had it since she was 14.

What you can do is purchase a windows install disk. Then just re format and re-install the whole OS and make yourself admin.

@19 The real administrative account can be password protected and if his father is able to do everything as said above he has probably already thought of that.

Boden 0

Hmm don't be so sure, not all parents are that smart.. since it's a hidden admin account his dad may not even know it's there..

there are many ways to reset the admin password, just format and reinstall complete or use a linux live cd. if you cant figure any of this out using google, then YDI.

One word: ophcrack Google it, get the live cd, and all your problems are over.

hey_banana 0

That would be pretty dumb though, Darkon. Adults are known to forget things.

dude, i feel so sorry for you, i have to get off the computer @ 11. it SUCKS. damnit, ;(