By Anonymous - 01/12/2010 08:08 - United States

Today, I got a call from my grandmother. Turns out my father found out about my elopement with my husband through my stepmother, because someone she works with told her. We were planning on it being a surprise, and telling people on Christmas. My father won't even talk to me now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 338
You deserved it 29 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wouldn't expect this sort if thing? Your father either feels disrespected orhe dislikes your husband. YDI for not knowing that would be his reaction. Trying to shove it down people's throats as a Christmas surprise seems a bit thoughtless to me.

stealthkitten 3

Wow, that really sucks but you should've been more open to your family. Think of how your dad feels, this one is your fault.

Comments

Slim_Shadyy_fml 0

your not the real shady. will the real slim shady please stand up?

IVANTTOCOME 0

You must be pregnant, or just stupid as a box of rocks.

I'm the real slim shady ahem female version. But I love him. We will one day mate.

41-elopement is when two people fuse their genitalia together as a sign of their commitment without inviting anyone to witness it happen.

iTaylor 0

" show me your genitals, your genitals. what? show me you genitals" ... anyone?

Girls like me because my rhymes are really tight, like an extra large condom on my penis ,that's right.

planbsponserme 2

she deserves it because you dont share big news like that on the happiest day of the year. it can easily ruin the mood

Guns dont kill people, uh uh, I kill people, Chich chich, With guns.

stealthkitten 3

Wow, that really sucks but you should've been more open to your family. Think of how your dad feels, this one is your fault.

Agreed. OP YDI. I get it I know it's your choice and of course you can get married however you like but that's a bit inconsiderate. You can't leave your whole family, especially parents, out of your wedding AND not expect them to be angry. Deal with the consequences of your decision. BTW it wouldn't have been any better if they found out on Christmas.

thanks I wrote it just for you to read it.

probably would have been even worse if they had found out on christmas...

iSitt 0

I though the bride's parents pay for the wedding. So your dad committed to a ton of money then found out you're blowing off the wedding.

Could be that too, but probably more annoyed that family weren't invited and some random woman found out before they did..

The bride's parents don't always pay for the wedding. They may have not had a formal ceremony, and the parents would have obviously known about something they had paid for.

If your family is a fistful of assholes, then by all means elope and ready yourself for more ass-hattery when they find out you've done and married without them. And good luck. If your family is just a little f-ed up, it's mean to exclude them, but they will forgive you in time, and you'll have a great marriage to support you in the meantime. Mazel Tov!

Yea OP parents always want to be at there kids weddings, and about the fact that the father normally walks the daughter down the aisle so you really cut him out of one of the most important things in your life. YDI

It sucks, but I don't know which is worse: the fact that she eloped, or the fact that she's selfish enough to think that would have been a great Christmas present.

EmoOrange 0

what a tool. why would u even want him there

Why wouldn't expect this sort if thing? Your father either feels disrespected orhe dislikes your husband. YDI for not knowing that would be his reaction. Trying to shove it down people's throats as a Christmas surprise seems a bit thoughtless to me.

Sorry, I was still half asleep. I can't see the post when I'm commenting and am too tired to rely on memory so I'll rely on the friendly neighbourhood Grammar Nazi to take care of it for me.

BeRealz 0

And, pretty much selfish. Perhaps explains the OP is spoiled brat. Making it more possibly as a "disrespected" feeling for the OP's father. Why? He tried to teach the OP good from wrong. And he ends up seeing OP running off cheating, etc. Feels betrayed father, there..

laladalala 0

really, #25? You're making it seem like the OP is her father's property and she exists to make him happy. The OP deserves to have the type of wedding she wants and her father needs to suck it up, he already had his own wedding!

There's a like button next to the comment to express that feeling towards said comment.