By italy1986 - 13/04/2009 19:41 - United States

Today, I got 20% tints on my car. As I'm driving home, a cop pulls me over. I didn't want to ruin my new tint by opening my window, so I opened my door as the cop approached. He then pulled out his gun and yelled "GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!" before I could explain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 592
You deserved it 58 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ahahaa. Dude, they get scared if you do that. LOL cop fail!

Dude, don't open the door unless the cop asks you to. YDI.

Comments

#50 No, the cops haven't gotten more untrusting, the people they have to deal with everyday have gotten stupider. 25 years ago then might have had to deal with a belligerent drunk but today they get some methed out freak with only half a brain left from all the drugs he is doing. If they act more trusting then that meth freak is going to eat them alive. It's better to be safe than sorry. And as for them getting off to easy then that is your local government's fault. Around here the police are under the microscope for any possible infraction. And if they do screw up even in a small way they are dragged thru the mud.

Also, tinted windows are great. They keep people like COPS from searching you car and saying they saw something suspicious in your car. Then arresting you and charging you for a victimless crime like possession

LysssNysss 1

Just stop arguing about this. My brother rolled down the windows of his car after getting them tinted, and the part that was tinted got folded up and it looks like the window is bent. What he should've done was open the door, get out of the car, and put his hands out so the cops know you have no weapons. It's the smartest thing to do. I know this, and I'm a 9th grader, who isn't even of legal age to drive yet. It's common sense.

#52 if the windows are tinted and the OP can't roll them down then how the **** is he going to tell the cop? Use the horn to tell him in morse code? I would think that if the windows couldn't be rolled down after the tint then the place where it was done would probably hold the car until it is ready just to cover their own ass.

#36, I'd imagine most cops would rather err on the side of caution and be the first to draw a gun. After all, if you are reacting to a gun already drawn at you, it is probably too late. From what I know in Orange County, FL, if an officer only points his weapon at a 'suspect', he does not have to fill out use of force paper work, etc. In short, there is no down side at all... unless of course the person panics and tries to grab his wallet out of his pockets, etc. I believe traffic stops are 'statistically' very dangerous for police men, who routinely pull over many vehicles a day. They definitely don't want a stop to be 'the one'.

everyone who refers to him getting pulled over for tinted windows is a ******* idiot. because 20% is legal in every state, and after you get it done you do need time for it to set in which can be anywhere from a couple days to several weeks. that was not your fault bro, but you should have tried to talk to the cops before opening the door, they should have heard you without having to roll down your window or opening the door, otherwise how are you supposed to hear sirens?

YDI, But the cop obviously overreacted. imo the risk of the cop injured or dead is more acceptable than the risk of an innocent civilian injured or dead. Still sad.

You are 3 times a tool. 1. You got tints. Tool. 2. You got pulled over. YDI. 3. The cops have reasons for their procedures. You threatened them. You deserved it. You lose.

nacremer 0

Why are all of you sayin the cop overreacted? The cop reacted to a perceived threat: a man getting out of a car after a traffic stop without being asked to. Too many cops get killed making a routine traffic stop because they let their guard down around dangerous people. As far as you OP, you're an idiot. Anybody with common sense should know that you don't get out of a car unless the cop asks you to. You sit in the driver's seat with your hands visible on the steering wheel and when the cop is at your window you tell him that your window can't go down. Then, you get out of the car slowly when he asks you to, keeping your hands visible the whole time. That way, you won't be perceived as a threat and won't end up in the situation you were in.

22_fml 0

wow that really is messed up.....i hope you ended up getting a chance to explain what really happened