By italy1986 - 13/04/2009 19:41 - United States

Today, I got 20% tints on my car. As I'm driving home, a cop pulls me over. I didn't want to ruin my new tint by opening my window, so I opened my door as the cop approached. He then pulled out his gun and yelled "GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!" before I could explain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 592
You deserved it 58 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ahahaa. Dude, they get scared if you do that. LOL cop fail!

Dude, don't open the door unless the cop asks you to. YDI.

Comments

jmaczor 0

the reason he yelled "GET ON THE ******* GROUND!" is probably because of the reason he pulled you over in the first place, which you failed to mention. i think its fake but if this really happened you clearly deserved it.

To those saying the cop was wrong, you're stupid. Cops are trained to assume the worst, because you never know what could happen. That's why they freak out if you reach into your jacket of something-they have to assume you're going for a weapon. He probably wasn't expecting you to get out of the car, you could've been coming to attack him or something. He was ensuring his safety as well as yours. YDI.

Rantie 0

#25 i did the same thing Geez take it easy people guy didnt want to mess up his tint that he just payed for. If you open your door like that i advise putting your hands out first to show that you have nothing in them or something like that.

next time you should wait until the officer fully reaches your window, show him there is nothing in your hands, slowly open the door a crack, wait for him to move and allow you to fully open the door, then explain to him why. think about it. if a man with a gun did that he could start shooting, if someone who commited a bigger crime did this he could start running. cops don't know who you are so, you need to give them a chance to know what you are doing before you do it

#52, to the best of my knowledge only one US state allows tinted windows at 20%, and that's New Mexico. Based on the assumption that the OP is American, that gives a 1 in 50 chance that the OP's tints were legal, so given the lack of real information, it's pretty safe to bet that they were too heavily tinted and that it was completely deserved.

PenguinBob 0

25 i thought the same thing

Um, why not open the door and NOT get out of the vehicle? Seems like the obvious solution.

kellster 2

#33, they're called sunglasses. Work like a charm for shading photosensitive eyes AND don't make you look like a giant loser. Win/win! OP: why were you doing something that got you pulled over in the first place??? And yeah, why would you get out? Okay, protect your ridiculous windows and open the door if you must, but why would you get out? #78 is right on the money: you are trebly idiotic!

Rule 1, dont get out of your car for a cop unless ordered 2. Rule 2, thank god he didnt give you a another hole to breath out of. Rule 3, Dont be a dumbass and repeat this again LOL #66 no crime is victimless...

Whoever said that cops don't have the authority to swear at you has clearly never met a cop, at least a large city one. Most cops I've seen in action have violently sworn at people, not to mention pointing guns everywhere, screaming, insulting people, etc. Cops can pretty much get away with anything they want, unless there's video and the public happens to get outraged. But as far as swearing, yeah, cops both can and will swear at you and I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules.