By paula434 - 05/12/2009 22:19 - United States

Today, I gave a speech at a charity event in part to help with my shyness. Nobody told me I was standing on top of an air vent. It went on. My skirt flew up, revealing my underwear to 90 people. Nobody remembers the content of my speech. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 572
You deserved it 4 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hbgoddard 0

They must have liked it then. 0.o

Comments

xenomorph 0

Wear something under your skirt then--I occasionally need to go into drag for an act, and that's how I avoid this.

Sometimes its good to have something really bad happen the first time you do something in front of a crowd. The first time I played piano on stage, it was in front of about 200 people, and I had only been taking lessons for a month. But my friend wanted me in his band so I joined him. For half the song, I couldn't figure out how to get the keyboard on. I was panicing. But as soon as I figured out how to turn it on, it turned out my piano was WAY too loud (thanks, sound guy!) and I forgot what I was playing. And I was too stubborn to stop playing, so I was screwing up the entire song and drowning out everybody who was playing correctly. Now, I play on stage 3-5 times a week. Embarrassment can really help if its the first time through. Allow it to improve you!

I remember this one time on stage when the other actor I was interacting with actually forgot for 2 minutes that she was going on stage. Oof.

This is NOT an FML. It would be an FML if everyone saw you almost naked but preferred to listen to your speech instead.

So far the shyness... did it help? xD

Maybe they'll ask you back for next year.

you just made my day, i love it when stuff like this happens.

That's hilarious! I'm shy too, so I know your pain about public speaking. But look on the bright side--you can safely give speeches for the rest of your life because you can be pretty sure they won't be as bad as that!

knight0748 5

Charity? there's your first mistake... don't do charity.

iTwitch 5

must have been some interesting panties