By Mandi - 28/08/2012 00:09 - United States - Cary

Today, I found out why my District Manager won't promote me to store manager; his wife thinks he's having an affair with me. If he promotes me, she will take that as evidence of the affair, and then will threaten to divorce him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 353
You deserved it 1 708

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't say this often, but... bitches be crazy.

Lizza330 28

Well someone needs some marriage counsiling.

Comments

Well in that case I would sit both of them down and advise them that their behavior is completely unacceptable for the workplace and that they need to leave their personal lives at home. If such is impossible then it would be advisable that one of them find employment elsewhere because in the end their squabbling is going to hurt the business. The fact that they have problems in their marriage should not mean that everyone else has to be involved in their problems. If you need him but not her then it is obvious who would go. They are grown adults and there is zero reason to excuse their behavior if it is causing disruption at work. They need to be more mature than that.

Well, I do know of a dm and a gm who had an affair. They both left their families for each other, so it does happen (of course) but I would be on the phone with HR so fast after hearing that.

captainburke 5

**** that drama, it's time to switch jobs if you can

totheforest84 4

Ari Gold had this exact problem. I suggest moving on. You, to him, are less important than his wife.

Shouldn't the employee be less important to the guy then the wife? He shouldn't let his wife control his work decisions though, it's definitely not her place...but is it really shocking that he would choose his wife over giving someone a promotion when he could hire anyone for the job? Him telling the OP the truth allows her to decide if she wants to leave for better opportunities or stay where she is. He could have just hired someone else and said nothing...which I think most people in that situation would do...it's not like he HAS to promote from within the store.

SHUTTHEFRIGUP 3

She's a ******* ****. There's too many women like that.

That's what happens when you work at taco bell

lilpanda4 5

Shouldn't you be looking for a new job now?!

Nanael_fml 4

He can't deny you a promotion based on that I say record said statement and report him for such retardedness yes RETARDEDNESS

TcheQ 12

Ask to be relocated to another store, or for his recommendation you be moved to executive. His problems shouldn't be yours :(

Talk to that bitch and tell her u r not doing it!!!