By ewwww - 26/05/2013 17:55 - United States - Oak Lawn

Today, I found out where the mysterious bites on my back keep coming from. It's not every day you find an earwig in your loofah. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 574
You deserved it 4 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, if someone kept squishing you against someone's back in the shower, I bet you'd bite them too.

Wizzlbang 10

Earwigs don't bite, OP. Even their pinchers wont leave any sort of characteristic bug bite. Sounds like you got more than Earwigs in your loofas lurking about your house.

Comments

At least earwigs aren't poisonous. Could have been a spider on the loofa

Ultimawolf25 19

Thanks >.>...now I am pretty paranoid to shower >.

So happy I live in Nova Scotia, where spiders aren't poisonous either. The only poisonous animal we have is the shrew, and the odds of getting bitten by a shrew are basically zero. Also, a spider couldn't live in a loofah, it would drown. Just saying.

92-yes, shrews are poisonous. They'll only bite if they have no other choice though.

PhDInLife 8

Now that a poster has pointed out that earwigs don't bite/pinch, the big question is what DO you have that is nibbling away at your back?? **shudders**

Next time wash your loofah everytime you use it...

You wash your loofahs after you have already basically washed it by washing yourself?

LilFlutter 10

Yes, you are supposed to wash and especially dry loofahs in a dishwasher with vinegar every two weeks to keep them clean and germ-free. You do realize they fill up with your dead skin cells and dried soap residue, right? To see what non-microscopic things are on your loofah, put it in a zip-top baggy and shake it for a minute or two, then check what is in the bag (or see what is in the bag after having it packed in your airplane checked baggage).

You're right it isn't everyday but guess what? It was today.

It's what you scrub yourself with in the shower or bath.

jem970 19

It's a ball of net-like plastic that is way more awesome as far a suds go compared to a wash cloth.

perdix 29

#25, since Google is overwhelmed with "earwig" queries right now, you should Bing "loofah," or Ask Jeeves.

Coulda been worse! You could have found cockroaches in your cornflakes.

perdix 29

I'll bet your boyfriend who has fetishes for vampirism and back fat is breathing a sigh of relief. Yeah, earwigs, that's the ticket!

matthendo12 6

You might want to get a new loofah.

inthedopeshow 17

I would just like to thank OP for knowing the difference between "every day" and "everyday." Thank you so much :')