By Anonymous - 03/12/2012 17:47 - United States - Richland

Today, I found out what the two girls I sit near to fight about every day: seating. The loser has to sit next to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 105
You deserved it 2 228

Same thing different taste

Comments

I wonder why does that matter to you... I also wonder if you simply wanted to be first to comment... I wonder "who am I" :O... I wonder if I'm going to be thumbed down for this... I wonder- *buried* :(

#1 totally changed his comment from "I wonder who loses...". Now my previous comment doesn't make sense :(

8 - I wonder what you're trying to say.

12- are you sure? The time difference between 1&7 is around 240 seconds. Given there's 120 seconds to edit each comment, there is a very little chance 1 could've edited the comment.

Idea: next time lean over away from them & let out a nice silent but deadly or if you're not bashful, squeeze a nice squeaker out. Let them bask if the smell of your methane since they wanna be assholes.

Airman1988 9

I'm a loser baby so why don't cha kill me.

Airman1988 9

5 points for anyone who actually gets the song reference here

-1 point for making an obscure reference.

LiterOfCola 16

In the time of FML comments, #2 was a monkey. Get crazy with the cheese wiz.

Airman1988 9

Hey Maybe I just like that song and felt like thinking about it, there is never a bad time to reminisce about good old Beck songs.

From cage the elephant i forget the song name its from though

It's not really that obscure, it came out in the 90s

Ran out of edit time, just wanted to say I feel stupid. The 90s were over 10 years. Sorry guys, my mind forgets I'm not a little kid anymore.

Hiphuray4peas 27

Too bad it's not obscure. Loser by Beck made it to number 10 on Billboard's Hot 100 in 1994. Which means, despite it being 18 years later, it is well known.

LiterOfCola 16

If you've ever listened to the song in its entirety, you'd realize that is IS in fact very lyrically obscure.

SeattlesBest97 1

Yay glee covers for making me aware of songs!

It makes me sad you needed glee to know that song... I'm not even ripping on glee at all. I'm just with 32, it seems so recent to me, its odd that you wouldn't have known it.... :(

Well I got 5 points for knowing the song but went down 3 after the other comments and then it went down by 10 when the glee comment hit so my points are around the -7 -8 range.

Despite it being a good and popular song I'm not surprised people don't know it. Despite being born in '86 I listen to music from the 50's through the present, but even with the Internet people today don't seem to want to know the artists that inspired the artist they love.

Take a shower? I would assume that's the main reason to not want to sit next to someone, to stink xD.

Yes I did. Two girls fight about NOT sitting next to him (the loser gets to sit next to him). What I was suggesting is that there is probably a reason WHY they are fighting to NOT sit next to him. The best reason I can come up with is if he stinks. Did you read my comment?

That was my first thought too, Zee. I think Newbiehere (aptly named) is the one with reading comprehension problems, not you.

That is not the only reason. Those two bitches could be the ones that think, if a guy does not look like Brad Pitt then he is a loser.

43, No, it's certainly not the only possibility. It's what I immediately thought of, though, only because I used to know someone who similarly suffered from social problems because of poor personal hygiene.

43 - I never stated it to be the only reason. What I was saying is simply a possibility, and I do think that my assumption is more likely to be the one, rather than the "Brat Pitt looking" one you stated.

Man some people take these comments way too serious ...

All I was trying to say that you shouldn't point the finger at OP. My girl friend sometimes calls me a loser because I play lot of video games. It all comes down to the person. To correct my pervious statement, these girl probably wanted to only sit beside popular guys/girls. And trust me, their are tons of shallow people like that. At the end, we can argue all day but we can't really judge without further information.

Krissey_DJ 16

The OP is actually a big germaphobe, so it's not that she isn't clean She's just shy and quiet

Sit in between them. hatersgonnahate.jpg

Don't let those bitches get to you. They should feel honoured sitting next to you.

61- I feel that the only reason you commented is to try to correct her in the use of "u" in "honoured". Which is acceptable either way and just depends on where you come from and personal preference.

61 - I should be asking you the same thing.

Wait why do you have an assigned seat but not them? And since they can sit wherever why next to you if they don't like you? There has to be more to the story.

It could be assigned seating where you're in pairs and can alternate between you and your partner. That's how it is for meee.

unknown_user5566 26

Sounds like they're the losers, not you, IMO. Whatever the reason is for not wanting to sit by you, they could at least be more tactful about it. Finding out that you're unwanted like that has to hurt.

They likely don't want to sit next to you for one of three reasons: You're ugly, you're creepy, or you're stinky. The process of elimination should determine what the problem is. I suggest you start by bathing.

Or they have no good reason to put OP down, and are just stupid bitches, much like yourself. Who knows, just throwing out suggestions.

Speaking of stupid bitches, I suggest you brush up on your joke recognition skills.

Oh, claiming joking/sarcasm, that's not old at all. Well, while we're on terrible old cliches: "Jokes are supposed to be funny."

KiddNYC1O 20

This joke is well dead but- go play in traffic, grace.

Oh, please. Get over yourselves. You're bring pretty hypocritical. OP opened himself up to such jibes when he posted this online.

"OP opened himself up to such jibes when he posted this online." That applies just as much to you posting your own stupid comment on FML, so who's the real hypocrite here?

Shrike, this is may be true, however, it is your choice if you want to throw a tantrum about something a complete stranger says about someone you don't even know. Either what I said is true, and OP likely either already knows it or didn't consider the possibility and now will improve his personal hygiene and social skills, or it's not true and OP will brush what I said off as inaccurate speculation by someone who knows nothing about it. I did not mean to offend anyone, including OP, and it's a shame if others, such as yourself, do not appreciate my sense of humor, however I'd be more apologetic if you did not display the same behavior you claim to observe in me.

Wait, you'd apologize to me because I didn't like your comment, if only I was more polite? You'd apologize because I have a different sense of humor from you? Don't you have a spine, or any kind of backbone? Jesus. Unless you meant you'd apologize to OP instead, in which case you contradicted yourself when you said he'd either brush it off or take the advice and **** him. Holy shit, that makes less sense than bitching about someone doing the same thing that you are, which you just did.

KiddNYC1O 20

48- The thing is that you really aren't able to detect 'joke' or sarcasm in your comment. It just came off as inconsiderate and bitchy, to be honest...

52, I meant that I'd apologize to you for offending you if you weren't such a raging (and apparently near illiterate) hypocrite, and also to OP if he expressed hurt. It would not be a display of weakness but of humility, since humble people recognize their mistakes. However, since only a couple of dick heads have expressed offense at my words, I am quite proud of them.

KiddNYC1O 20

This Walrus' tusks are sharp, dude.

I see, sorry I intervened carry on with your thread. * walks out*

KiddNYC1O 20

You could've stayed if you were a polar bear.

*Walks back in* What about if I was a killer whale?!?

56, As stated, I did not intend to offend. To reasonable people, and perhaps to OP, who may have been offended by my misconstrued sarcasm, I apologize. To hypocritical ass holes, thumb my comment down and then go cry about it to someone who cares. In the mean time, I will no longer respond to personal attacks on this thread, as I have a life to attend to. I suggest you acquire one yourselves.

As for you, ICastillo, sadly, we misunderstood walruses have for centuries been the victims of both poaching and misguided criticism. Having no lips and no facial expressions, oratory speech is beyond us, and thus our only means of communication is through text, and even this comes as a great challenge to us due to our lack of fingers. A joking tone or a goofy face is often lost in translation, and so many times some of our "edgier" jibes (we walruses are also notoriously edgy) are often met with unnecessary outrage. Weep not for me, though, dear ICastillo. I, like my walrus forefathers, shall carry on, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable adversity. We walruses, however, do not discriminate against the non-water dwellers. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, and are welcome on my iceberg any time. I serve lovely crumpets.

As for you, ICastillo, sadly, we misunderstood walruses have for centuries been the victims of both poaching and misguided criticism. Having no lips and no facial expressions, oratory speech is beyond us, and thus our only means of communication is through text, and even this comes as a great challenge to us due to our lack of fingers. A joking tone or a goofy face is often lost in translation, and so many times some of our "edgier" jibes (we walruses are also notoriously edgy) are often met with unnecessary outrage. Weep not for me, though, dear ICastillo. I, like my walrus forefathers, shall carry on, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable adversity. We walruses, however, do not discriminate against the non-water dwellers. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, and are welcome on my iceberg any time. I serve lovely crumpets.

unknown_user5566 26

As soon as I saw Shrike's original comment on this thread, I knew it was going to turn into a battle. I should've grabbed some popcorn and watched the magic happen.

You know, 21, you're right. FML seems to always hold OP in perhaps a too-positive light. No way, nothing could possibly be wrong with OP, those people are just randomly be jerks? Has it ever dawned to some people that perhaps there is a reason behind why the FML happened? People don't randomly just not want to sit next to you. Yeah, I agree that sucks that they decided to be so rude about it, but you never can know the full story, so it would be unfair to jump to conclusions and call them assholes, right? But I digress. I understand this comment as well as 21s come off as a bit inconsiderate. But hey, sometimes you have to look at things in perspective, because most of the time, there is a rationale behind people's actions.

I always find it funny how people will come on to a site called "**** my life" and read about people's misfortunes and ill experiences for their own amusement... Yet become offended and defensive when someone makes a comment they don't agree with. Get of your soap box people, we are all here for amusement don't play the righteous hero hahaha...

Krissey_DJ 16

OP is actually quite clean, thank you very much She is just very quiet and doesn't talk much

There's obviously some reason for this. A) You smell B) You talk too much C) You're strange D) They are stuck-up twats who couldn't give two ***** about getting to know a perfectly normal guy and are too preoccupied prattling on about the Kardashians and who is on TMZ. I'm going for D.

majorjeneral 0

Why is "E.) all of the above" not an option?

Yes, E is definitely a possibility. Even if OP were smelly, strange, or overly talkative, it's pretty mean and inconsiderate to make a show of their aversion to him in his presence. The kind and mature thing to do would be to either suck it up and keep it to themselves, or to confront him about it in person, tactfully. A kid I used to work with had the same problem: he smelled like a dumpster in July. I felt bad for him because I thought it must be a manifestation of some personal problem. Some people were cruel to him, but his superiors confronted him about it privately and tactfully. Sadly, though, the situation did not improve and he ended up getting fired.

46, I'm just saying there may be truth to what Doc said, based on my experience. I don't know OP, though, so I really have no idea if it's the case here.

Krissey_DJ 16

OP is a girl and she is doesn't smell The problem is the fact that she is really quiet and doesn't talk much