By gdog10122 - 12/01/2013 09:52 - United States

Today, I found out that my dad, thinking it was an advertisement, threw away a letter from the college I applied to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 199
You deserved it 2 663

Same thing different taste

Top comments

APersonalProblem 13

Can't you just call then and ask them to resend the letter? That's what I did :)

Comments

I hate to say this, but... Advertisements seldom come in large packets, the size that acceptance letters usually are. Nearly every ad letter I've received has been normal letter sized, which is also the size of rejection letters. It's possible your dad was trying to save you from reading the rejection?

Funny. The acceptance letter to my college was a standard 8 x 12 letter.

I was wondering if it was still true that "thin letter = rejection, thick packet = acceptance", but that info dates back nearly 30 years to when I was applying to colleges, so who knows.

Mine was just a regular sheet of paper. I think it depends on what college you apply at.

Mine was a thick packet when I applied to colleges in '06/'07. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of colleges are moving toward putting all that info online now to save paper and printing costs though.

What a jerk. Can you retrieve it? Contact the school for a resend? It's illegal for him- even your dad- to open mail addressed to you. In this case it's just shitty.

GoodLookingGeese 10

Damn it, those dark eyes again. I can't sleep because of them...

summerlover23 5

They generally send an accompanying email too. Also, you can check the status of your app online

Why do parents do this kind of thing? Give the mail to the person it's addressed to, is that so hard?

perdix 29

He's not that dumb. He just didn't want you to leave home where he can run your life.

I hope you didn't only apply for one college.

If you are living with your parents then you should look through your mail always. If your dad is like that, then get the mail before he does.

In his defense colleges do send a lot of junk and pointless letter to you wither you are enrolled with then or not.

Um if it was just a letter, it's most likely a rejection letter.

Not true. Acceptance letters don't have to come in a huge packet