By Alexandra - 05/03/2013 20:17 - United States - Gaithersburg

Spicy
Today, I found out that my boyfriend and one of his friends have been having sex with each other. His excuse? "She's my best friend, we do this all the time." I have been dating him for over a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 759
You deserved it 4 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he's trying to work his way towards a threesome, he's doing it wrong.

Does he actually think that is a good excuse? I'm seriously wondering if people can be this stupid and inconsiderate.

Comments

well, that's kinda messed up but, if u never established exclusiveness..and your not married, unfortunately there isn't any reason you could be upset. but if you were exclusive, especially after a year of dating, I'd be kicking his ass and hers! Sorry OP. getting cheated on sucks. that's why you always lay down the rules at the beginning, like "if you have sex with someone other than me, we're done." type stuff. or some people will take off with the tiniest bit of rope; such as in this case. :(

chrisp87 11

Dang, either your boyfriend is completely retarded and doesn't see where that situation is inappropriate. Or that was his only excuse when you caught him hooking up with his " Best Friend ".

I don't see what the problem is. Monogamy is self induced Sexual prison. An open relationship is the most powerful/truthful way to show who you really are and the capability of love you can offer.

musiciangirl591 16

yeah.... but she didn't know he was cheating on her, and i REALLY doubt it she would want him to have sex with other people when they are boyfriend and girlfriend, so him cheating on her isn't a problem?

Ins0mau 20

The problem is it was behind her back, and thus a breach of trust. Trust is vital to a relationship.

It's okay if he asked her about it first and she was fine with it - otherwise it's dishonest and a betrayal of her trust. Not to mention it could be dangerous when it comes to STDs and whatnot. Just because you feel as though monogamy isn't right for you, it doesn't mean that people should be allowed to sleep with whoever they want when they've agreed to be in a committed relationship with someone else.

You should congratulate the guy he has done something not many can do he is one of the very few to get past that friend zone!

ketchuplover 7

I really hope that for your own sake, you're not with him anymore. He's a big douche and doesn't deserve to have a gf like you.

HyperSquirrel 8

"Bestfriends"=Friends with benefits.. good to know.

Wow I would leave him In a heartbeat and probably hit him a couple times