By zefronke8 - 17/04/2016 18:01 - United States - Woodside

Today, I found out that I wasn't going to be a father. My best friend is going to be the father to my girlfriend's child, though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 513
You deserved it 1 489

zefronke8 tells us more.

Okay guys, here's the story: my girlfriend and I were together for nearly two years, and one day she told me she was pregnant. I didn't know how to react at first, but I eventually came to terms with it and became excited for my son. Fast forward three months: my girlfriend is obviously pregnant now, and I was out drinking with my best friend. We took a great picture together in the bar to celebrate this great moment in my life, and then I asked him to send it me. That's when I saw the pictures of my girlfriend in a recent conversation. I confronted her, and found out that she had been sleeping with him, took the test, and it's his. I broke up with her and stopped talking to my ex friend.

Top comments

You wouldn't want to father a child with that woman anyway OP

Comments

ScarletteEve 33

People keep saying this on FML, but I'm pretty sure he got hit by that bullet.

#17 He dodged the .50 Cal, but was hit with a glock. One would **** his life, the other he can move past.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Now maybe op can be the god father :-)

#49 I can't even wrap my head around how stupid you sound. I wasn't saying a glock was a bullet... It is a gun. And so is a .50 Cal. Barrett .50 Cal.

Why in the world would OP want to be the godfather of his cheating ex and back stabbing ex best friend's new born?

Actually. A 50 cal is not a type of gun. It is a caliber. Thank you very ******* much. As for glock, glocks are most commonly known for Handguns. 9mm .40 and some 45s. When i seen he said glock I instantly thought 9mm Considering thats the most common. I agree he should not have said glock. But for your comment saying 50 cal is a gun, No its a caliber. Good day.

#86 I was shortening Barret .50 Cal. As where I speak of guns with my friends, we just say .50 Cal. I was also shortening Glock from Glock-18. That's why I said it was a gun. Just because it is a habit of mine

Don't think about it too much Op. This really does seem like a disappointment now, but think, would you really want someone who was a cheater and lied to be the mother of your children? Hopefully you either ended it, of you can work through it. Best of luck!

You wouldn't want to be the father to that child.

Tell me I'm ******* wrong, FML community. Please. You have OP, who is being cheated on with his best friend. Would you want to be the father of a kid whose mother is a selfish cheater, and with his supposed best friend? Goddamn downvotes. #4 said the same thing I did and is getting thumbs up... Okay.

It's how you worded it. You made it sound like the child was at fault.

Explain to me how my words implied the child (who may not exist yet) was at fault? That's a pretty far reach.

@19 Not even remotely, what idiot assumes that the child is at fault? No by saying" you wouldn't want to be the father of that child" that's saying that:" you wouldn't want to be the father of a child created by your cheating girlfriend and your no longer(I hope) best friend.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Mathalamus 24

I gave up on arguing with downvoters. I just assume I deserve it. Also, it was worded wrong.

Thank you #22. I'm glad to see that someone has their head on straight today, even if it isn't myself lol.

I agree, it definitely sounded like you were blaming the kid. It's not like we can hear your tone, some people just perceive things differently as they read. No need to freak out, now we know what you really meant!

I agree with #26, I understood your meaning perfectly

I do not know what these people are talking about. It is obvious you were NOT blaming the kid.

I think she meant just what she said. You don't want to be the father of that child. If you read only the post and then her (#3's) comment you can see that the reason is because of the horrible actions of two people that OP should've been able to trust more than almost anyone else. But if you are reading it down the line other peoples comments could have easily muddied peoples perception of the comment. That's why I always re-read and try to confirm the real context before I vote. Either way this situation for OP is disheartening and I feel for him completely. That is definitely a terrible way to find out that 1, you're not going to be a father 2, your so-called best friend is an ass clown and 3, your, hopefully, now ex-girlfriend is an untrustworthy bitch. Good luck OP.

You wouldn't want to father a child with that woman anyway OP

Especially considering the child will grow up as an orphan. After OP brutally murders the cheating *****.

Time to clean house and take the trash out of your life. Bad things can be gateways to new beginnings; if you let them.

That actually a good sentence, mind if I steal it????

I just don't get it. Like how? HOW do the two closest people in your life (besides family) mutually agree to backstab you? Just...what the ****. Your partner and best friend should be the last people to **** you over. Why do I continue to see this? (Granted, I know I'm on FML but like seriously though...) people suck. At least you don't have a child to tie you down, OP. Take this opportunity as a lesson. An ex girlfriend and ex best friend are replaceable.

There are people out there who can be vile like this and even worse than this, and they aren't hard to find either, that's why you have to be VERY select of who you pick to be your friends and girlfriend/boyfriend. Nowadays people only care about theirselves...

Unfortunately it happens far too often. I've had it happen to me 6 times. Now it's a very small group of people I talk to and barely hang out with, and in 13 years I can get the ex out lol.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. -ghandi

It was Michael Corleon in The Godfather who said that, although it is often attributed toSin Tsu who actually said something like "Know your enemy as you know yourself."

Cease contact with that douchebag and ditch that cheating *****.

Malsain_fml 10

Not easy. Time to change of friend, girlfriend and maybe some connections you have in common.

Did you suspect cheating in the first place? Because the way this FMLs worded the baby isn't born yet. So why would there be an amnio with specific paternal DNA being tested?

You can do a DNA test on the fetus while it's still in the womb. That could have been a way they determined definitively that it was the best friend's child.

@15, from the way this is worded it's definitive that the baby isn't his. It also sounds like the baby isn't born hence why I asked. I wasn't trying to lay blame or anything I just wanted to know the sequence of events. Generally, amnio isn't done unless paternity is in question or there risks of genetic issues.