By zefronke8 - 17/04/2016 18:01 - United States - Woodside

Today, I found out that I wasn't going to be a father. My best friend is going to be the father to my girlfriend's child, though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 513
You deserved it 1 489

zefronke8 tells us more.

Okay guys, here's the story: my girlfriend and I were together for nearly two years, and one day she told me she was pregnant. I didn't know how to react at first, but I eventually came to terms with it and became excited for my son. Fast forward three months: my girlfriend is obviously pregnant now, and I was out drinking with my best friend. We took a great picture together in the bar to celebrate this great moment in my life, and then I asked him to send it me. That's when I saw the pictures of my girlfriend in a recent conversation. I confronted her, and found out that she had been sleeping with him, took the test, and it's his. I broke up with her and stopped talking to my ex friend.

Top comments

You wouldn't want to father a child with that woman anyway OP

Comments

Quite easy to solve this issue: -Ditch the bitch. Now putting the jokes aside, I'm very sorry man, luckily you've found out about this before registering the child as your own, but this is still an awful situation to be in.

That's soo messed up. I can't even ??

I don't know any place where that's the way it works. This baby is not even born or raised yet, so the OP has no connection to it yet, on top of it not even being his, he therefore is not obligated to support it with child support. Child support's intended purpose is to help maintain the same lifestyle the child had before the parents broke up, it's to keep the kid balanced. This baby hasn't even had a "lifestyle" it's accustomed to yet, so it wouldn't really stand. Maybe you're thinking of when a step parent and a bio parent break up. In those cases, if the step makes more money and the custody is 50/50 or majority for the bio parent, the step does have to pay child support. This is because by being with the bio parent, the step parent is therefore an active authority in the kids' lives and impacts their lifestyle, they become a parent themselves. If the parents were to ever break up, then the step would pay child support to help keep the kids' living at the same level.

Congrats on not being financially tied to that train wreck.

now you don't have to worry about child support

middlenamefrank 8

Um....you meant your EX-gf, right?

I agree with what other people are saying. Demand a paternity test. A very similar thing happened to me. She told me she was pregnant, then told me I wasn't the father. 9 months later, we have a paternity test done, and what do you know! I have a daughter! Get the test done, and if it comes back with you as the father, fight for custody. In the meantime, dump her.

YourOpinionSucks 22

You mean your ex best friend is going to have a baby with your ex girlfriend, right?