By JPF - 13/08/2009 03:13 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I found out that I was adopted, now my gay brother thinks it's acceptable to tell me that he's always wanted to have sex with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 109 495
You deserved it 5 609

Same thing different taste

Top comments

@#201 You're obviously only saying that because you don't have a brother. Either that, or you're ****** up.

StingMunFizzy 0

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Bend down n' touch your toes, Im gonna show you where the wild goose goes O_O

Comments

creeper.. even if he isn't your blood brother it's disturbing.

letitbe56 0

This is either fake, or there is something seriously wrong with your brother. We are biologically programmed not to be sexually attracted to people we were raised with from a young age. It's why pretty much no one accepts Freud's theories anymore.

Ya know, this reminds me of the homosexuality discussions all over again. Incest is also a kind of love. It doesn't matter who you love, it's still love. There's nothing wrong with it. Period. Where did you get the idea that we're 'biologically programmed' anyway? That's not true. We were not allowed to do that because that's just how society works. Society considers it a taboo subject. Maybe it's rare but it does happen. There's nothing 'programmed' about it.

#42 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect#Westermarck_effect

brilliantbarbie 0

Incest is not just socially unaccepted for no reason. The concern with incest is that it tends to result in offspring with deficits. When the DNA of two people is too closely related to each other, the chances of birth defects and mental defects increase dramatically...not to mention the long term effects on the people involved in it. Incest is disgusting and if you need to "love" your relative in more than a functionally healthy way, what you need is counseling.... Incest is something that is socially unaccepted because its WRONG, its not WRONG because it is socially unaccepted. Does anybody else remember when Angelina Jolie made out with her brother at the Grammys?? (I think it was the grammys but could be wrong) Even as hot as she is it was still freakin disgusting watching her "tongue down" her brother.

letitbe56 0

Also, the OP didn't say anything about love. He just said his brother wanted to have sex with him. There's a big difference there.

If the two involved in incest are not products of incest themselves, there isn't that much of an increase of a chance of birth defects. I will admit i did learn that from House. But also, every one of us has incest in our families. It doesn't matter that it was thousands of years ago, it still happened. I forget exactly how this was proved, but it was something like there were too many people for something. Ugh, I wish I could remember, it would make my point sound a lot more credible. Also, in royal families incest isn't that big of a deal. It is getting to be more of a no-no now, but there's some crazy rule that to become the next king or queen, one must marry into royal blood; usually meaning one's cousin. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are somehow related, and when other European countries still had their monarchies, all of them were somehow related.

Well I don't think it's wrong. How 'wrong' exactly is it anyway? 2 people of the same bloodline can reproduce just like anybody else. It is socially unacceptable in the first place because most of society thinks it's wrong.

Maybe the brother know he was adopted, so therefore, he only saw him as a friend, not a brother.

@44 (and also evryone else referring to the westermarck effect, or the cultural or biological boundaries of incest) look up the British Journal of Developmental Psychology (2003), 21, 353-365. OP: FYL for finding out you are adopted. but a very big so what if the guy wants to have sex with you. do it if you're gay and he's hot, if you're not gay or he's ugly, just don't. you have other things to think about

girlygirl666 0

Seriously, get help. You are really ****** up.

girlygirl666 0
mcullen_unc 0

the reason that royalty is able to marry on a cousin to cousin basis is because scientists have proven that there is enough genetic difference that the offspring will have the same chance of defects as any other couple. as for the OP, that just sucks tell him that there are many other guys out there that he didn't grow up with that would want to have sex with him.....in other words.....distract him from yourself. and if that doesn't work, then sleep with a bat or gun. good luck!

One of the biggest reasons incest is considered "wrong" is because of the power dynamics present in a family atmosphere; therefore, it doesn't matter whether or not the OP was adopted, it's still pretty sick that his brother wants to have sex with him. :/

(sigh) #67, with the greatest respect, you aren't that bright are you? When do you think "society" sat down and decided on these rules? And why did they do it? The revulsion to incest arose through natural selection, pretty much cross cultural, because there are distinct biological disadvantages to being sexually attracted to those you can identify as your kin.

XOFiestypixie Cogently argued. ;) No, the thing about royal families was their weddings were mainly determined by politics. Attraction didn't really enter into it. Princes didn't marry peasant girls because there would be no dowry. A few walleyed children was a small price to pay for the Duchy of Burgundy

It isn't like that with everyone. Attraction can happen to 2 people, whomever relation they have. It doesn't mean it's wrong. Maybe you're not naturally attracted to your family, but not some other people out there. I still don't really understand that disgust that come with it, but it's still attraction nonetheless.

Some can argue that you think it's gross because you've been living with them your entire life. There are stories about family members who are separated for years and became attracted to each other when they met again. I don't really think there's anything wrong with that. Maybe I'm just too open-minded.

The disgust is pretty much a trait evolved to maximize genetic variation (or, more accurately, it evolved *because* it increased genetic variation, but making this statement perfectly accurate is beyond the scope of this comment). Two closely related individuals mating will increase the likelihood of activating recessive traits, many of which are harmful. Further, less genetic variation necessarily means less survivability for the group. That said, in this day and age, the genetic variation issue is much less of an issue. However, the activation of recessive traits is still a huge issue, since it (can) significantly increase the likelihood of various defects that you really wouldn't wish on your children. Of course, in a homosexual relationship, this isn't an issue at all, so there shouldn't be an issue with it in that regard, but the taboo still exists *because* of everything else.

You two ought to take a trip the Philadelphia, The City of Brotherly Love.

wait if your brother is gay and wants to have sex with you does that mean you look like a man??? if yes FYL even more 

rebboy_2008 0

Did you read the post? This is a guy posting... duh.

It's almost as if your parents adopted you because they knew their son was going to become gay (i don't know whether people 'become' gay or just are, but wtvr)...

letitbe56 0

People are born with their sexual orientation. However, you can't usually tell until puberty, when sexual behaviors start to emerge. There are some signs in early childhood that sometimes indicate homosexuality, like preferring the dress of the opposite sex or preferring to play only with the opposite sex, but plenty of straight people do these things as children too. So there's no definitive way of knowing if your child is gay until he says so himself.

generalsmith2 0

its almost as though you are a moron, but wtvr

(68) or until you catch him/her making out with or having sex with someone of the same gender lol

Tell your brother that you appreciate the thought. Though, if you're also gay, then why not? It's not like you're really related.

The incest taboo applies to more than just the people we're biologically attracted to. Basically, we (in general) get disgusted by the idea of sexual relations of anyone we were raised with from a young age. So, the OP is feeling the effects of this and, yeah, it would be somewhat creepy.

rebboy_2008 0

yeah, that'd be the "mature" thing to do. While you're at it, why don't you beat him up for being gay. If you're going to take the stupid route, might as well go all the way...

Wow. You are one of the stupidest people I've ever seen leave a comment. It's like reading comments for the Bruno trailer! Just a load of pricks preaching about how Jesus wanted equality for everyone as long as they were white, straight, Christian, males.

OP, at least you're adopted. My blood brother and I are both gay, and he's been trying to get in my pants for years, his argument being that neither one of us can get pregnant. Just tell your adopted bro that, as far as you're concerned, you're still brothers and he's making a difficult situation that much worse. If it doesn't work, punch him. Sometimes violence IS the answer.

Someone will be sleeping with one eye open.