By Ariella - 29/08/2011 04:06 - Singapore

Today, I found out that I was adopted. I'm 46 years old with 11 real siblings and no one bothered to tell me until I found the documents in my dead adoptive father's house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 840
You deserved it 2 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Midrash 5

Wow.. That blows. But I am sure he did it for your own good.

missL1z 5

Maybe to their eyes, you were never adopted and has always been part of the family. Also, we don't know what's the arrangement made by both families when they adopted you so it's hard to say.

Comments

I've never understood this... Yes, it'd have been nice to know this but why does it matter? I would have to assume that they didn't tell you because it didn't make any difference in their eyes and they may have even forgotten...

muhilrashid 4

Sucks man but atleast they told you when your older cause when your small then your too miniscle to understand what adopt is

Can u not read? No one told him. He found the documents.

muhilrashid 4

Are you stupid i can read but I read through the story really fast so yeah FYI I can read but nice pic

perdix 29

Are you sure you want to know that your birth mom's a ****?

That is so uncalled for. In the olden days, people are always reproducing. It is very common to have a huge family. my dad has 8 siblings and my mum has 7siblings. And we're a huge happy family and still so close with each other. It doesn't mean that one is a **** when she has too many kids. U ought to widen your mindset mister.

perdix 29

Yeah, but the people who were constantly reproducing kept their offspring, mostly for the cheap labor or to indoctrinate them with their own fringe worldview. Pumping out kids and dumping them on society is suggestive of *****/**** behavior.

We don't know her reasoning for putting him up for adoption, don't be so quick to judge someone without knowing all the facts!

perdix 29

Hey, this isn't Family Court -- it's a humor site. We have to make up facts to have any fun. Using words like "*****" and "****" are fun. Commiserating with the OP is . . . Snoozers!

So? You were raised by people who loved you. Love matters. Not blood.

Just like the FML about a father who raised a kid and wasn't even related to the kid.

Alexisthebestest 16

I agree with 21, but I'm sure OP would have wanted to hear this information earlier from his parents rather than finding it after the fathers death. That doesn't necessarily mean OP will love his parents & sibling less but that's still important information :/

perdix 29

Maybe your other siblings voted you off the island when you were born. Your birth family actually invented "Survivor" 46 years ago.

Why would you care? I am assuming that you felt loved, felt as part of the family, that your parents treated you the same as your other siblings so that you never noticed a difference. There is a difference between biological parents and who are your mom and dad. Your mom and dad are the ones who loved and raised you, so many kids never have this.

rezzel 0

he took u as his own i dont see a problem

They are only Biological siblings. Not 'real' siblings.