By Too Many Layers - 24/10/2016 18:43 - United Kingdom - Newton Abbot

Today, I found out my landlord has bought himself a new boat. He refuses to turn up the heating to save money. I'm freezing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 957
You deserved it 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You know, if you skin him, you can wear him like a coat and solve your heating problem. Plus, there's a FREE boat in it if you get his voice down!

Buy a few ceramic heaters. If your rent includes all utilities, you can use electric heat instead of the forced air or steam from the building's central system. And if everyone in the building does that, maybe he'll see that turning the building heat up a few degrees is cheaper in fuel cost than the electric bill involved in not doing so.

Comments

And this is why he can afford a new boat!

exactly what I was going to say. Obviously he is a tight ass with renters so he can afford these luxuries.

Set the boat on fire. Heat problem solved.

Goblin182 26

Yes, because I hear prisons have good heat. Food problem solved also, along with rent, health insurance, transportation, utilities.

Buy a few ceramic heaters. If your rent includes all utilities, you can use electric heat instead of the forced air or steam from the building's central system. And if everyone in the building does that, maybe he'll see that turning the building heat up a few degrees is cheaper in fuel cost than the electric bill involved in not doing so.

You know, if you skin him, you can wear him like a coat and solve your heating problem. Plus, there's a FREE boat in it if you get his voice down!

And if one of you're relatives is looking for a kidney or something. You can give him his! I don't see a negative thing about this plan!

I just ran the numbers through my head again, and it turns out I don't. Don't worry; I won't tell anybody you ****** up.

22- says the person stalking him through the comment sections so he can always leave this exact post...

I am almost ALWAYS very cold. Im sorry you're uncomfortable. Invest in an electric heated blanket maybe. I just bought one. Now I can't wait for winter!

Your landlord was completely honest. He was saving money...........to buy a boat!

Been there. My landlord/boss bought a new truck. Wouldn't let me turn up the heat in the bar or hotel so I bought a bunch of space heaters. Thankfully the hotel part wasn't being used, just the suit I lived in.

mikeygolfgt1 3

It's against the law for the employer to provide unsuitable working conditions in your case ambient temperature. Get the union involved or HR

Boats are cheaper in Ocrober ? Have some Argos £10 heaters around you and stop freezing

Most states have a legal minimal indoor temperature. I had a landlord that would only turn on the heat enough to stay just above the minimum and not get in trouble. You should buy a thermometer for inside your house and keep record if it goes below your state's minimum. Then you can get him in trouble and force him to turn it up.