By Grad2010 - 18/11/2009 19:41 - United States

Today, I found out I will not be getting my class ring. The jeweler has a policy against doing engravings that contain "obscene or offensive language or phrases". What obscene phrase did I want? My initials and year. W.T.F. 2010. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 937
You deserved it 3 152

Same thing different taste

Comments

AndreaHatesYou1 0

This is not an FML at all. You have the coolest initials ever. Unless somebody out there is named like, Fiona Marie Little. So that part is awesome. Also, class rings aren't the only thing in the world that matter. They're overpriced, with what they were trying to charge for ours, I could have made a damn rent payment.

I bet school could have /affected/ your ability to differentiate between affect and effect.

While I agree that the OP should know the difference between affect and effect keep in mind that now days most schools do a one week review to cover issues like grammar and correct usage of words (always beginning with the easy shit you learned in first grade). Then they give the kids a test and don't talk about it again for one year. They are dumb because teachers treat them like they cannot be expected to retain any kind of knowledge for more than a few days. And OP, just make your mom call and bitch about it. Crazy parents almost always get their way.

Just get W.F on it. Can anyone explain the class ring concept to me? I'm in U.K and I don't think people tend to get them here.

txgirl09 5

A class ring is a ring you can buy in high school. To relate back to the OP it usually has your class year and initials engraved on the inside. I don't know of all high schools do but at mine you could customize it (the stone would generally be your birthstone. if you were in band you'd probably have a little instrument put on it for example) They tend to not do class rings in college (though a few have picked it up). Texas A&M University (i'm a alumni) is VERY big on class rings and you generally don't take it off...ever..it's a global identifier for Aggies. I've even heard of two Aggies noticing one another's rings from across a bar..in London... They even have 'ring dunking' (where you get a pitcher of beer and you drink to get your ring at the bottom...The university doesn't condone this but it is such a big thing even the stores carry pitchers specifically for this purpose).

Oh you silly Aggies and your traditions. Thanksgiving day's only a week away! You ready to lose?! :D

txgirl09 5

We probably will get our butts kicked by you thanks to Fran demolishing our once excellent team. *sigh* How's your team doing this year?

Oh not too bad. We're number three in the nation and 10-0 so I guess that makes us alright...

txgirl09 5

lol. not too shabby. I just hope my team can pull themselves together.

LegndNikko 0

It need to know your name now. xD What is it? Willian Timothy Franco? I dunno, just a name I thought up of...

Why do they have this policy? It's not like they're gonna mass produce the ring....

Skull_300 0

Show the asshole your drivers license to confirm your information. Or **** him, order one from Jostens.

By how much? Even getting a replacement for a lost ring from Josten's is expensive to me.

llamalpaca382 13

My jostens ring was about $375. Granted, this FML was posted in 2009, so it could've been much cheaper then...but still. $375 is ridiculous, IMO.