By Totallyscrewed - 10/02/2013 05:17 - United States - Stroudsburg

Today, I found out I'm pregnant. My husband had a vasectomy this past summer after our son was born and only took one of the two tests. I haven't cheated. He refuses to believe me or get his spunk checked again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 523
You deserved it 3 661

Same thing different taste

Comments

sweetbabysweet93 10

Have him get a DNA test. That sucks though. Congrats on the baby!

Merridew 8

DNA test is expensive. What if she doesn't have enough money to do it? :(

Jessj958 19

I live in Florida and I know that the state will give them a free paternity test if OP applies for child support. A friend of mine got pregnant, wasn't sure who the father was so she applied for child support. She told them the baby could belong to 2 different men, so they asked which one she wanted tested 1st.

I'm assuming you can't apply for child support when you're MARRIED TO THE FATHER. But then again, I'm no lawyer.

Actually, paternity tests come pretty cheap, I've seen them go for as little as $15,-.

When the parents are married, but separated, the custodian one could request child support if the other one is not providing it. Also, in a much difficult and rare situation, when parents are still together, if it can be demostrated that on of the parents is not providing for the support of the child, and has the resourses to do so, a child support could be determined.

Ariana386 3

U only got 1/2 of that right... In Florida, the woman can ask for support, n the man can deny it n then get a paternity test. The part u didn't put out there is....when the man tests n the Big yellow envelope comes back with: "u ARE the father", the new daddy also finds the BILL for the test in that envelope. To the tune of nearly $1200.

lorraineald 7

I'm sure that a DNA test would be cheaper than a divorce.

Who knows if you're married to the father if the guy you're married to got a vasectomy though... There's doubt and that's the whole point.,,.

If they can pay for a vasectomy I'm sure they can pay for a paternity test

JR_Goes_Rawr 11

Those were some dedicated little sperm to make it through. Lol You should show your husband that vasectomies can, and do, fail sometimes. Then hopefully after he calms down he will listen.

How far along is OP pregnant? summer was less than 9 months ago.

If she just found out, it must be pretty recent--like after her husband got the surgery. Have a DNA test done. Vasectomies can and do fail. Then call the Vatican once a new pope is installed.

misslifeguard 7

You should just stop commenting on this FML, you're just making yourself sound more and more ignorant. First the "abortion is wrong" comment and now this?

It's Maury that does the paternity tests people!

I can understand him being briefly upset, but not getting checked is just idiotic. He should have enough trust in you to atleast want to get checked.. Congrats and good luck OP.

Another sperm count won't help. Even if it's negative, it doesn't mean he's completely sterile. Only DNA will give a scientific solution to this couple. In the meantime, faith and love will work just fine.

CelticMarine 3

You're supposed to use birth control for 6 months after the procedure trouble clean out all the live sperm that are still in the system. As long as it isn't for legal reasons/court, you can get a simple DNA test for a couple hundred dollars.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

This happens sometimes. Tell him the story about Joseph and Mary.

Christianity: one woman's lie about an affair that went way too far.

OP: He consented to this pregnancy when he didn't follow the protocol, and he should be reminded of that. You took your chances too, because you knew he hadn't done it right. But even if he had tested twice and been sperm-free, this could have happened anyway. If he's a good father and husband, give him the certainty of a paternity test. Hopefully this problem ends with a blessing you'll both cherish.

go see your ob/gyn and ask for a amniocentesis

Pretty sure that would be the most invasive and dangerous way to prove it...

Pretty sure you don't even know what that is.