By MochiMomoChan - 17/09/2009 09:32 - United States

Today, I found out I'm on wage garnishment because my mother, who took out a student loan for me back in '05, didn't pay off the $2015 owed when she said she would. I got screwed over financially because of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 868
You deserved it 9 377

Same thing different taste

Top comments

While she did dick you over by not doing what she said she would, you shouldn't be relying on your mother to take out student loans for you anyway. If you're old enough to go to college then you're old enough to fill out the paperwork for a loan.

So you're moaning because your mum didn't pay of YOUR debt? Boo Hoo.

Comments

2500? That's nothing? Grow up! Time to figure out what the real world is like. You're lucky it's not 25,000

2 grand is nothing. I'm not really looking forward to paying back my $10,000 loan.

btb8286 0

To kick the dead horse, it is your responsibility to pay for college... Is is really nice that your mother offered to but whether or not she followed through on it, it's still your responsibility not hers and 2500 is nothing. Be greatful for your parents even caring enough about you to offer and suck it up. Right now not only am I in college and working two jobs, I am helping MY parents financially. So suck it up and be greatful for your lack of debt and your college education as well as your loving parents.

I wish my parents had even OFFERED to pay for my college. I can't really even feel slightly sorry for you that you have to pay for you own schooling, because most people do. If it is true your mom said she would pay for it and didn't , then yea, your life sucks because you have an unreliable mom, not because you have to pay for your own college.

I think this is only an FML if she offered to pay for it, didn't, and then hid the fact she didn't pay for it. If she wasn't going to pay for it she should have told you. Obviously you were making payments or it would have been a much larger bill.

If you didn't sign anything they shouldn't be able to garnish your wages :/ And if you did sign everything then it's your financial RESPONSIBILITY to keep up to date. So WAH, now you have to pay for your own schooling, like a lot of other people have to do. Grow up and shut up.

You are "screwed over financially" because you are giving up some of your wages from the job you got because of the education your mom helped you borrow money to pay for?

Boo to the moderators for letting this slip past. It does not belong on the site.