By lola1313 - 18/09/2013 02:17 - United States - Downers Grove

Today, I forgot my blind date's name 3 times during our conversation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 543
You deserved it 41 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kallian_fml 21

You think that's bad? I can't properly pronounce the name of my partner of three years, so I never say it. I think he's starting to realize...

dreamweeper370 10

I would have left the date after the second incident unless you played it off super cool.

Comments

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't forget their name during sex.

perdix 29

You're just not that into him? I'm just not seeing a scene like that from "West Side Story" "What's-her-name? I just met a girl named What's-her-name! And suddenly the name Will never be the same What's-her-name?. . ."

jw90 18
Martinez0285 28

next time try saying the name out loud three times after the initial introduction, in your first conversation .. it helps to remember

Sandman1917 5

It's natural. When people get nervous it can effect short term memory. Next time immediately use there name three times in the conversation to help remember.

martin8337 35

I am the same way, I forget names too so don't worry about it.

graceinsheepwear 33

Sorry, that's just rude. It's not like you're talking to a group at a party and forgot; you're on a date. Common courtesy. Try harder next time.

I'm really bad at names, I started a new school a month ago and I still only remember the names of four and a half people in my class, in a class of nine. That doesn't mean I'm rude, I just don't remember even after asking several times. It's not like OP wanted to forget, so I can't see how it has anything with common courtesy to do.

pinchepriscyla 9

While you're having a conversation why would you be using the other persons name? You're an idiot!

You do understand what a conversation is, correct?