By shouldhaveknown - 26/06/2009 14:22 - Australia

Today, I finally thought that my mother was okay with me being a lesbian. Then, over dinner, she turns to me and says, "So, do you still think you like girls, or are you going to start being normal again?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 793
You deserved it 11 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh my god I know how you feel. I came out to my mom recently and got me kicked out of the house so I live with my grandparents. she called me the other day and was like "so have you changed your mind yet? " and I said "sorry mom I'm with my girlfriend. I'll call you later". Just hang in there. :) you got this.

fxdxhk90 0

Bring a girlfriend home and make out in front of her.

Comments

alex_vik 0

Well, are you gonna start being normal again?

that is horrible. this is exactly why i don't tell my family that i'm lesbian.

oi some of the commenters on here are as ignorant as your mom is. doesn't matter if someones gay, bi, or straight frankly and people who think otherwise are old fasioned, ignorant, inconsiderate, prudish, biggotted.... pick a word you like. people are born how they are and less they're trying to force themselves on someone it shouldn't matter. anyone using religion to say someones bad for being how they are is as bad as those saying it without quoting religion.

another thing I find hilarious is the people spouting off women were made to procreate... nevermind there's straight people choosing not to have kids and that even though the worlds population growth has slowed we still would eventually run out of room for people without managing to move into space... the world would already be having big issues if it weren't for things like plagues and wars that have happened. course some of those plagues and wars were indirectly caused or made worse by population growth if you think about it. oh and gay couples male and female can be great for kids needing adoption too as there's still plently of kids whom never get adopted.

remember back when ****'s used to hide it, like in the 70's if someone was gay, they didn't tell anyone, now its like just as popular as being strait, not to be homophobic or anything but it is against the bible, why would you even want to begay or lesbian though, it just doesn't work

jollyjam1 2

OK, for all you using the Bible to gay bash I'd just like to point out that Jesus spent his time with those classified as "different". So I suggest that you take your problem with gay people up with our creator when you get the chance and quit gay bashing. And just for the record I am not gay but am a Christian. As in one who understands the love of Jesus.

ace122400 0

Ouch! That's terrible. Just know that you're lucky to have a mom that will still speak to you. My sexuality is my highly-guarded secret because I will end up without a home if my mom finds out.

@ checkmate I'm going to preface this by saying I have nothing against homosexuals, but your logic is flawed. The reason males have nipples because the main body limbs and cavities are formed before the gender of the fetus is decided. Everyone is unisex until very late during the pregnancy. And as far as it being a hiccup, it is not. It's akin to an assembly line. Your computer most likely has connectors for parts it does not have. That is because those connectors were put in earlier on the assembly line than the point your specific options were chosen.

Same. Nobody knows but me. The world is too intolerant.

sktrchick13 0

Thank you. I hate when people think it's a chosen lifestyle. Nobody chooses to be harassed.

AnnieLennox1954 0

Move out and never come back :)