By shouldhaveknown - 26/06/2009 14:22 - Australia

Today, I finally thought that my mother was okay with me being a lesbian. Then, over dinner, she turns to me and says, "So, do you still think you like girls, or are you going to start being normal again?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 793
You deserved it 11 174

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh my god I know how you feel. I came out to my mom recently and got me kicked out of the house so I live with my grandparents. she called me the other day and was like "so have you changed your mind yet? " and I said "sorry mom I'm with my girlfriend. I'll call you later". Just hang in there. :) you got this.

fxdxhk90 0

Bring a girlfriend home and make out in front of her.

Comments

WFMS 0

at least you told your mom and your not trying to sneak around with it. my friend won't tell her parents and shes having a hard time keeping it from them. plus if your mom really loves you she'll eventually accept it

I agree with #24. OP:that tottaly sucks.your mom is a bitch!!! Screw her,don't listen 2 her!!!

redsquare 0

i came out to my mom 5 years ago and she still has an issue with it. parents just suck sometimes

Why is it when someone is gay the only thing we argue about is NO DONT BE THAT YOUR GOING TO HELL. Like really shut the **** up. God decides that not you. Gay people, ARE PEOPLE. We have a right to love. Freedom. Remember that? When did FREEDOM go out the window?

captainobvious07 0

i guess im one of the rare lesbians that can say shes accepted by everyone in her family. hopefully the same will happen for you.. your mom needs to realize theres simply no time in life for that kind of hatred. who knows how long we have on this earth? lets not waste it kids.

#93 i totally agree, telling ppl they are going to hell is not our call. HOWEVER!... God made humans to reproduce and populate the earth, 2 women can't do that, it's an unnatural relationship. Being gay is your own friggin choice. You weren't "made" that way. I'm not super-spiritual but i got sense enough to know that this world wasn't an "evolutionary hiccup" #78. Same as i got sense enough to know that 2 men or 2 women can't reproduce.

#101, sweetie, go to your local university and ask if you can sit in on a lecture about evolution. Please. It'll be interesting, I promise.

Lindsay46789 0

Okay...if you say that people were put on the earth to reproduce and that is why gay/lesbians are 'unnatural' why are some individuals infertile? Should they not be allowed to marry or adopt as well? All people should be allowed to pursue a life that does not physically threaten (marry, have kids, vote, move to wherever they wish, etc.) another person. Please think before you speak.

Antonio718 0
lmmmr 0

I'm pretty sure the OP didn't say "I want to have a bigoted mother" when she was born.

I hate to go over this again and again and again, but I'm sure her mother didn't say "I hope I have a short child when I get married", or "I hope I have a blonde child when I get married", or "I hope I have a child with green eyes when I get married" But she wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit if she had. :|

Komatose 0

#101 Does that mean that infertile people just shouldn't date? What about straight people who don't want kids? Do they just not matter? And incase you forgot, there are millions of unwanted children out there who need homes, so it's actually selfish to say that people need to have their own children. I'm asuming that you're a man from your name, so maybe you shouldn't be pushing baby-making on anyone, unless you want to try passing a softball through your dick. And alot of people don't believe in god, or atleast YOUR god, so the whole god argument is pointless. And, last question, You like fish-sticks?

vagmaster88 0

they choose to be LGBT for the attention, and so that they can feel special or unique. Also, American society nowadays is forced to accept gay people and media portrayal of homosexuals is only allowed to be encouraging.

You guys, we're living in 2009. Being gay is hip as shit, so don't try to say nobody would choose to be gay. It shouldn't matter if homosexuality is a choice, though, because homosexuality is not inherently wrong. But besides, if it wasn't you being gay, it'd be you having different religious beliefs or political views. Your parents will ALWAYS have some kind of problem with your lifestyle. I don't understand how this is such a big deal, it's not like her mom has stopped loving her or anything. She's just doing what mom's do.

primogen18 0

Wow, that's horrible. Unfortunately we live in a world full of immature people, hypocrites, and people who live their lives through fairy tales or a book that was written.. by other people. I bet that conservative governor of SC who cheated on his wife believes allowing gays to marry destroys the "sanctity of marriage", when he himself tarnished his marriage more then any 2 people who love each other could. It's pathetic what we people believe in sometimes, but thats how it is, people suck, be yourself and your mom is a total bitch.

so just tell mom that you found the right man. his name used to be Melissa. watch her head do all sorts of contortions and her brain goes all splodey like. that or tell her you found a therapy that could cure you, but you need $1000 cash. spend as you will. good luck with mom. some parents never get over it. you just need to realize that you are who you are and feel secure with that. there is only so much you can do. its your life. live it with all the fabulousness you can. my mom stopped mentioning me having children or getting married when i came out in high school. i just try to see it as a blessing and it gets me off the hook. i am no longer seen as the family breeder.