By tallguy - 29/08/2013 13:40 - Australia - North Adelaide

Today, I finally received the bicycle I ordered months ago. It was an expensive custom-made bike which perfectly fit my 6'9" frame. Today, that bike got stolen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 582
You deserved it 4 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It shouldn't be too difficult to find the 6'9" thief. You giants stick out like sore thumbs. Just look for the guy wheezing from breathing the thin air up there and other assorted tall people jokes because you're taller than I and I'm totally NOT bitter.

perdix 29

Tell the cops to be on the lookout for a guy riding a bike with a phone book on each pedal. Shouldn't be too hard to catch.

Comments

The_Big_Boss 20

You should really look after it better. I ride a $4000 downhill bike and I actually keep it indoors full time and when it leaves the house, it is in my sight at all times

Oooh Jeez I can't remember how many times my dad's had bikes stolen, and to those that don't understand, locks can be CUT! Could really use some follow-up on this one, because if you really want to be safe you a) don't leave it where it's easy to spot when you don't have to b) get an expensive lock - cheap ones can easily be cut with a pair of pliers c) when you do have to leave it out, make sure you can see it at all times.

I don't know how anyone would have the gall to steal from someone who is as tall as you...

You should have invested in a custom lock as well!

It says that OP is from South Australia. I don't think they have "Craig's list" there (I could be wrong, never been there). Something equivalent? I'd check the newspaper though for ads. Ya never know. Sorry, OP.

Ins0mau 20

Craigslist is a website. And yeah, we DO have it. We also have local sections for all Australian states.

Jtx928 5

I feel your pain OP. I can't stand thieves.

westboundcali 13

Damn, life sucks dude, hope you find it :)

You'd think someone with an expensive or new bike would consider keeping locked up or safe.