By Anonymous - 11/04/2009 03:40 - United States

Today, I finally decided to get a dog. I have always been wanting to get one ever since I was a child. I bought a $1,400 Golden Retriever. I went out for lunch a few hours later with a friend, so I left my dog in the backyard. I came back home to a broken fence and no dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 859
You deserved it 64 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't you tie it up? If it was a new pet, you don't know how it's going to react. YDI for not making sure it was secure!

dont have kids, please you cant even take care of a dog...

Comments

dude, you guys, stop being assholes. OP: aw, that's so sad! I hope you got him microchipped. Check all the nearby shelters.

I think you should have saved a retriever rather than pay for the breed. :

Agreed always adopt buying from breeders is expensive and there are so many homeless pets as it is! I've gotten my best pets from shelters.

Omg, sorry to bust your bubble but I think your dog was most probably stolen! :( You never leave a dog that expensive or any breed outside unattended.. you should have let him inside...

bco12 0

$1400 for a golden? I got my purebred golden for a $40 donation, from the humane society.

Purebred Golden Retriever that doesn't yet know you; feel at home or even become accustomed to your scent; and you leave him outside before he/she has even spent one night with you. Good luck getting him to return home. I hope that beautiful dog finds someone who knows how to look after it . . . YDI OP.

ummm. yes. when you get a new animal, you have to give it time to adjust before leaving it alone. YDI for sure OP

Poison93_fml 0

You are an idiot! never leave an EXPENSIVE, NEW dog outside!

Ibeapirate 0

Genius. You sure know animals.

The dog probably didn't want to be alone... and it's never a good idea to leave a dog in a home that it hasn't even gotten used to yet. Bad decision making = YDI. Hope you find him though.. but now you'll probably have to invest even more money for posters and such.