By shitty candles - 01/12/2014 07:30 - United States - Issaquah

Today, I dug out the 5 fancy, extremely expensive candles I bought during Black Friday. I lit one up, and was delighted that it smelled so great. My mother then walked into my room and stated that it smelled "like shit". The other four were going to be a Christmas gift for her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 581
You deserved it 3 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you buy extremely expensive candles anyway?

At least you got them on sale? Maybe try and return the other 4

Comments

I'd still give them to her, may smell different in her house :)

ChrissyLou93 0

Give them to her anyway. She won't remember the first one. Then she will write a fml about you aha

I doubt they were expensive if you bought them during Black Friday. Unless your mother is extremely into candles, why would you buy her 5?

jbombdighetty 11

on the plus side she didn't say it after you gave her them. That would be way worse of an fml. at least you like them!

What in the world is the matter with your mother that she'd walk into your house and speak to you like that in yours? Even if she didn't like the smell of the candles she was in your home and should have kept that information to herself since they were in your home. It was intentionally meant to insult you so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to make Her gift special. It'll never be good enough anyhow. Trust me, I know.

Oh dear. Happen to have some anger issues with your mother?

Maybe it's just me but candles seem like a crappy gift. Certainly when they're expensive.. Could've bought something awesome with that money.

You know what? With someone as toxic as that, it won't matter what you give her, she'll still complain about it. Sorry OP, hope you spend most of your time with people who are more normal.

unicornluver3173 13

Give the candles to the bitch anyway.

TahoeFMler 22

Dug out? Today is only Monday.