By GM38 - 23/06/2012 02:57 - United States - Melbourne

Today, I divorced my husband of 20 years. The only positive thing about my day was my pregnancy test. Yes, it was his. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 098
You deserved it 9 012

Same thing different taste

Comments

Miscellaneous519 2

What a sad and difficult situation. All I can say is I hope you two are getting divorced for the correct reasons and not for some stupid, arbitrary reason like many couples unfornately do. I hope that if you decide to stay together due to the pregnancy that you are making the correct decision for yourselves. The choice is ultimately up to you, but if I were in your situation, I would keep the child. They're a lot of work, but they're worth it. If you decide to keep the child, I hope that he willingly decides to be active in the child's life because I have quite a few friends who were raised fatherless and most of them are not exactly the most stable and wholesome characters. Best of wishes :)

Oh, I'm so sorry OP. Times will get rough now, even more than before. But stay positive, maybe the baby will help you and your ex-husband bond, and maybe get back together. Or not.

Good luck, since children conceived that late in life are exponentially more likely to have mental disorders.

Your marriage can't be that bad if you recently had sex with your husband. Give it another go for your child.

I see what you did there. Positive. Ahhhh.

savvysomething 5

Hello child support money.... You got 18years ;)

sugarbear0727 19

I love how people are saying OP deserves to raise the baby by herself and how the ex shouldn't have to pay child support. It depends on what the OP and her ex decide. A man can sign his rights over if he and the mother wish. Which means he does not have to help with anything involving the child, but he also isn't allowed any contact with the child until they reach adulthood. If they don't have joint custody, and they do the child support route, the man has the right to see the child, no matter if the OP wants him to or not.

sugarbear0727 19

My mother has five kids, ranging from 33 to 18. I'm the second youngest, and my mom had me when she was 36, and my younger sister when she was 38. We turned out perfectly fine. There is a higher risk for complications during a pregnancy if the woman is older than 35, but its doesn't happen to every mother.