By TheGoodTwin - 14/07/2011 15:53 - United States

Spicy
Today, I discovered that my boyfriend has been having an intimate text exchange with a woman. She's the grieving widow of his friend who died three weeks ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 343
You deserved it 2 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There is something terribly wrong with your boyfriend. 1) An 'intimate text exchange' (sexting, right?) with 2) the widow of 3) his friend? Three reasons that are imo good enough to dump him - at least, if he doesn't have a good explanation/regrets it deeply. I would definitely reconsider this relationship. Sexting to another woman is a first step to cheating. Sexting to a grieving widow is an whole new level of being an arsehole.

Thats how it all starts then you find him cheating on you.

Comments

Grief and sex can be very close emotionally... you may want to dump him, but you've also no idea how much it might be helping her right now - close friends are usually a lot alike, right? To her it could well be a close link to her dead partner emotionally. Let him know you're not happy about it, but if that's how she needs to release emotion and you trust him not to let it go further, then at least have a bit of heart - she's just lost a loved one remember.

Sounds to me like you are being selfish.

She's being selfish because she feels hurt her boyfriend is sexting another woman? You are a moron.

P.S. That was in reply to 18, sorry it showed up in the wrong place :P

Since when has intimate mean automatically something sexual? Look up the word; it doesn't necessarily mean he's cheating on her, so stop assuming. Maybe she is just jealous that he has been more personal and showing her more attention since his friend passed. If you've ever lost someone close to you, you would know one of the good remedies is too be around people who know you the best. Way to jump to conclusions moron.

gabidessie2012 0

very true very true losing a partner sucks. it's prbably the worst feeling ever

You must be a bit slow, so let me clarify. Intimate conversation may not be "sexting" but it's still inappropriate in this situation. Her boyfriend is IN A RELATIONSHIP, and the woman he's GETTING INTIMATE with is the WIDOW OF HIS GOOD FRIEND. Being supportive does not equal "intimacy".

You must be slow, so let me clarify. Intimate can mean one of two thing in this situation and since the op didn't do a good job explaining herself, I'm going to go with the definition 'marked by close accquaintance, association, or familiarity.' Again, who knows if the op isn't just a jealous girl and didn't think the healing process for either of them would take 3+ weeks. They both lost someone close to them! What don't you understand about that? I believe both of them would enjoy talking to each other and smiling remembering the great times they had with him while he was alive. I wonder how many other people the widow had 'intimate text exchanges' with.

imagine yourself in her situation. maybe you should try helping her out instead of hating on people who are going through what has to be the most difficult time in her life. if I passed away I would expect my best friend to step up. the reason a person is a best friend is because of things in common and maybe the widow sees a little of her man in his best friend.

etoilenuit 15

Being there for a friend and sexting are not the same thing.

mintcar 9

Your boyfriend is a douche. Sexting someone else, grieving or not is cheating in my opinion.

you're dumb. look up the word intimacy. OP never said sexting. intimacy and sexting are completely different. OP is just being a shallow ****.

Senior29 8

he's probably trying to help her get over her sorrow

Yeah but you have to be careful not to cross a line.

perdix 29

When opportunity knocks, he answered the door! In this case, the door was his buddy's coffin lid, but nevertheless...

I would leave the asshole as soon as I found out

27, that's why you're a lonely girl.. Women these days need to grow up with the "he said she said" bullshit. Helping a friend in need is what many people would do; just because he might have gotten a little descriptive about her to make her feel better doesn't mean he's an asshole.

I'm going to guess this is a case of someone taking things the wrong way and being jealous for no reason.