By SadDad - 22/09/2012 18:11 - United States - Alexandria

Today, I came home to find my eight-year-old son had basically set fire to the kitchen, after trying to practice some kind of stupid shit he'd seen on TV called "fire bending." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 352
You deserved it 9 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dino_cookie4 7

Thats avatar. I always liked that show when o was young though.

FlamingTacos 7

Comments

I did that once! But my bending worked...

44- he may be a gender bender. Transvestites everywhere!!

Kallian_fml 21

You raised him, OP. Hopefully it's not too late to give him a few lessons in common sense. People need to make sure their kids understand that TV shows are not real. This makes me think of that kid that walked into the sea and drowned looking for Spongebob.

Reminds me of the kids that buried a little boy upside down in the sand because of watching Naruto. Although personally I think they knew perfectly well what they were doing since the character they were copying was killing people =

I've never even heard of these stories!!! Parents these days, letting kids watch too much television. And I know this because I tell my nephews to stop watching so much T.V. all the time, which my sister never really does

I set fiiiiiire! To the kitchen! Watch it burn, down in flames! Then submit an FML about it with my name! "SadDad"! ...I have no idea where I was going with that.

I don't know what Legend of Korra is, but I believe the child was copying Avatar: The Last Airbender.

legend of korra is the sequel. korra became avatar after aang past

It's just the next cycle of the Avatar. Aang and Katara have kids and their son Tenzin becomes the new Avatar's mentor.

Look on the bright side, at least he didn't start a war between the rest of the world for a 100-years.

Iknowsomestuff 9

He's young. He'll get more control over his powers with practice.

Your child is just awesome, greetings to my fellow bender! :D

By set fire she means he was playing with a candle.

Saddad=baddad. Who's watching that kid?

True, your son should be supervised. Who leaves a kid alone with flammable objects?

97 - You must not have kids or much younger siblings. You CANNOT keep them out of everything or stop them from destroying stuff. I reference the atrocities committed by my little brother: my cut up curtains and stuffed animals, the blue marker on this couch, the poop drawings I had to clean in his room, and the many broken video games. This would be a longer list if I went into what I got into when I was little.

Seriously! Why on earth would you leave an eight year old at home by himself. Your lucky when the fire police got there they didn't have child protective services come and take your child into protective custody because of your clear lack of parental judgement. It's parents like you that make me think birth control should be in the drinking water until you pass parenting classes. And we wonder why members of society are getting progressively worse.

I wouldn't assume that he was left home alone, just because OP said that they came home and found their son doing what he was doing. He was probably getting babysat by someone who was obviously doing a lazy job. 0.o

37 - Just because YOUR parents had time to pick you up or lived in a district with bussing doesn't mean everyone does. OPs son could be a latchkey kid, who is home maybe 1-2 hours before the parents get home. Also, a child doing something stupid and destructive is nothing new and has nothing to do with bad parenting. I'm sure you destroyed something when you were little too.

Kids should never be left home alone. If the parent doesn't have time to pick up their kid they could organise someone else to do it for them and babysit the kid until they get home. It's not hard

Yes... because everyone can afford a babysitter, or an after school program. I'm not saying its ideal, but an 8 year old is perfectly capable of going home, grabbing a handful of cereal and watching Shrek for 2 hours without getting maimed.